Year 4 - To the Burrow

Hermione was watching the clock as it ticked. The rest of the week was filled with avoidance from her mother when she was home and silence.  Hermione was lost and confused about everything but decided that she would bury her thoughts until a later time to really think about it. Now she was waiting for Mr. Weasley who wrote saying that he would pick her up with Fred and George to help with her luggage. 

Hermione sighed as she waited, glancing at the clock until finally a noise was heard from the fireplace and three people stumbled out of it. She smiled a bit and greeted them.

"Ms. GRANGER! How are you this morning?!" Mr. Weasley asked her happily. "Now where are your parents I would love to tell them you're in good hands!"

Hermione scratched her head and lied, "Err...sorry, Mr. Wealsey they got a big appointment for work...so they couldn't be here.  But they know, so everything should be good to go."

Mr. Weasley looked disappointed about not being able to talk to muggles, "Alright then, Fred, George please get her two bags while I get her cat's cage." 

Fred and George raced to the bags and grabbed them. "Hey Granger," Fred said.

"Sorry we took a bit longer than what was said," George then continued.  They started switching.

"We ran into..."

"A bit of a complication at Harry's place..."

"Very angry muggles I must say."

"Not very pretty..."

"No, but it was funny." Fred finished as Mr. Weasley almost pushed them to the fireplace.

"Now Ms. Granger take some flew powder and just say 'The Burrow' and you should be there," Mr. Weasley explained as she grabbed some of the powder and walking into her fireplace.

"THE BURROW!" she shouted and felt the sensation of shooting out and soon was on her feet at the Weasley household where a lot of red-heads, with an addition of one black-haired boy there.

"HERMIONE!" Harry said and hugged her, "Good to see you! How was your summer?"

Hermione hesitated, "It was a bit rough this one...you?"

Harry smiled sensing he shouldn't bring up her summer he answered her question, "it was great I got to go with Sirius after a week and we've been cleaning up his old house.  It's been absolutely wonderful!"

"That's good Harry..." Hermione whispered and smiled softly as another figure came up and grabbed her hugging her tightly.

"HERMIONE!" Ginny yelled excited, "Finally some FEMALE company!" 

"Hey Gin, I'm happy I could be of help," Hermione smirked at the excited girl.

"Oh, Hermione these are my brother Bill and Charlie," Ginny then introduced her to the two Weasley family members she already didn't know. After a few handshakes, Ginny grabbed her and started up to her room to get situated. 

"Since we are heading off to the World Cup tomorrow don't bother unpacking just grab your normal routine items and a traveling outfit and we should be good to go. Oh once you're done come back downstairs. Mom's cooking and it's almost done ..." Ginny left leaving Hermione there to put her luggage in the corner and dug through it finding what she needed before opening up the window and letting her snake out to the yard.

Hermione wasn't paying attention when Harry walked in. "So...rough summer huh. Want to talk about it?"

Hermione whispered, "Not really Harry...just found out a lot and...it was kinda horrible..."

"I'm sorry Hermione," Harry tried to comfort her.

"It's just that...it really really sucks Harry...and it hurts..."

It was silent then Harry broke it, "How about this. Try to relax a bit now while we have the chance. Don't let this ruin the rest of the summer.  You also have people everywhere here if you need to talk...I mean it."

"Thanks, Harry...how about we get back downstairs before Molly comes and murders us for being late to dinner," Hermione smirked and Harry laughed as they when downstairs to the dining room where the table was almost full.

"Hermione DEAR! So good to see you!" Molly yelled and quickly grabbed her in her bear hug trapping her.

"Hello, Molly good to see you too."

"Now quickly eat everyone! You all have to be up and early tomorrow to get to the portkey in time.  I want everyone to start to bed right after supper...yes that includes you, Arthur." Molly scolded everyone at the table as they filled their plates with food.

It was interesting to eat with them Hermione thought as she watched everything at the table. For once she almost forgot about everything that happened. And as Molly promised she almost threw everyone back to their rooms for sleep and in all honesty Hermione was tired.

Hermione couldn't help but think that maybe Molly put some sleeping draught in the food to make everyone head off to bed. Hermione laid down falling asleep and for the first time since her mom's talk, she had a restful sleep. Think of what tomorrow would be like.

_________________________________________________

A.N. - I know this is a shorter chapter, but I didn't want and easier chapter before getting to the good stuff lol.  

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for the wonderful support and everything. 11K reader which is insane to me and I'm just so happy.  I hope I don't disappoint for the future of this story.