Lockhart and Mudbloods

Classes seemed to start as soon as possible this year, Hermione thought as she looked down at her schedule.  This year her first class would be defense with the Gryffs.  Hermione knew that the desk sat a group of three.  Her plan was already in motion by waiting for the two boys and ambushing them once they came in.  She would kindly lead Harry to the middle seat keeping the Weasel boy away from her.

Sure Ron wasn't that bad, but Hermione wanted to hear the story from Harry first before Weasley put his spin on it making it more dramatic than what it was.  She put her bag down by a desk towards the middle.  She took the left side since most Slytherins chose the left side away from the Gryffs. 

She leaned against the wall waiting for them to walk in at any moment.  After a few others walked in she saw the red-headed and black unruly hair and smirked as they walked past her a little.

"Potter, Weasley!  Just when I didn't think you could get stupider you out-do yourself.  Getting caught by muggles in a flying car...now that's a whole new level of stupid."

They turned and saw her, Harry grinned before shrugging, while Ron scowled a little at her.  Ignoring Ron, before he said any rude comments, she slid her arm around Harry's and led him over to where they were going to sit.

"Now, Potter why don't you tell me of the little adventure you had," she smirked and sat Harry down while Ron followed behind them angrily. Harry told her about the barrier between the platforms not allowing them threw and they were scared that they wouldn't be able to attend Hogwarts because of a missed train.  Harry told her more about the house-elf that appeared to him at the Dursleys and Harry bought up questions about him Hermione honestly couldn't answer.  Flying in the car with the train, the whomping willow, and finally almost getting expelled by Snape.

Hermione was interested and before they knew it a man walked into the classroom smiling,  Lockhart.  Hermione looked at the man as he made his way to the front already talking about himself and his wondrous adventures and looks.  She looked around he almost had every girl in the classroom swooning over him, including Parkinson and Daphane.  Soon he passed out a test to all of them and Hermione started reading the questions.

'What is my favorite color?'

'What is my greatest achievement?'

The list went on and on.  Hermione growled a little at the test.  'What type of teacher is this?'  She figured that the test was very much useless and put down random answers.  She admitted she looked and read his books, but she never paid to much attention to the character.  She was more interested in learning the magic and understanding it than the guy beat this guy.  

She looked up at where Lockhart was sitting.  He was holding a mirror up and looking at his hair and smiling every now and then.  She knew he was going to be a joke teacher, but this took it to another level of horrible teachers.  She just turned in the test not bothering with this grade, since it was going to be absolutely dreadful.  All Hermoine could think about was teaching herself the second year defense curriculum and where she should start.

The class was still going as Lockhart graded the test.  The other students seemed to be put out by the test like her, minus the few girls who were glowing as they looked at him.

"Tut-tut, this test was to see how much you've read my books before coming here.  It seems almost none of you were able to get my favorite color.  It's Lilac by the way."  He finished grading and back the test back.  While none of this will be on an official grading report you students have a lot of studying to do.  Now, where is Ms. Greengrass?"

Daphne slowly raised her shaking hand.  Lockhart gave her the biggest smile he could do. "Now Ms. Greengrass here is the only one who got every question right."

Daphne's face turned Weasley red and was happy that she got recognized.  Hermione glared at her own test that had a failing grade on it.  Before Lockhart could say anything else classtime ran out and most people got up to leave.

"Now if any of you want to stay to get me to sign your copy of your textbooks, I'll write you an excuse for you being late to your next class."  Lockhart smiled at them.  Harry and Ron got up and started walking to Lockhart.

"What are you doing?" Hermoine whispered at them.

"WHAT!  Our next class is Snape.  Any reason to be late to his class is a blessing, even if it's Lockhart." Weasley told her before dragging Harry off for the line gathering around Lockhart.  Even the other Slytherin students.

Hermione scowled at them all before gathering up her bag and leaving the classroom muttering under her breath insulting the professor.

Another figure appeared next to her as they walked to Herbology.  Hermione looked up and saw Malfoy who had a frown.

"What a pitiful teacher!" Malfoy exclaimed angrily.

"Please Malfoy... you're just jealous he taking all the attention away from you."

He glared at her, "You don't know anything, Granger!"

Hermione laughed at that, "I'm the smartest person in our year Malfoy.  I totally don't know anything...right."

"You might be the smartest, but you're still a Mudblood."

Hermione was shocked.  She was used to the other female dormmates and some older Slytherins calling her that, but for Malfoy that was the first time, he said that name to her.

Hermione woke from her shock and grew cold, "Mudblood.  Really Malfoy.  You couldn't find something more original."

He was flabbergasted at her indifference to his comment.

Hermione sighed, "You really are a cruel person Malfoy.  Next time, try for a better insult, better yet just stay clear of my DIRTY BLOOD."

She stomped off in anger to the herbology classroom turning halfway there and decided that this class would be better to skip and go to the library.  After all, it was the first day back and she was one of the best there, she could get caught up.

'Yes, a nice book would certainly calm me down' She thought as she smirked thinking of what she should read once she gets in there and how to avoid Madam Prince.

"Guess that's what I get thinking that Malfoy wasn't so bad..." Hermione muttered and opened the door to the library taking in the smell of new and old books.

'I'm home now'

______________________________

Yeah another chapter done....let's go.....Apex, Overwatch, Xbox, School, drawing, writing, comic stuff, fun.  Soooooo BEEN BUSY!   THANKS FOR THE READS!