Year 3 - Buckbeak, the Cat, the Rat, the Dog, and the Snake

It was four weeks before exams and in all honesty, Hermione was really busy studying even if she knew she was going to do everything perfectly.  That still didn't stop the pure dread in her system about failure which she refused to let happen.

In fact, Hermione was in one of her intense studying session when Harry came barreling in the library stopping before her.

Hermione glared at the boy interrupting her studying, but couldn't say anything before Harry breathed out,  "Hermione the defense for Buckbeak didn't work they are executing him in about an hour!"

"What?! How could they execute him just for one brat? Malfoy just didn't listen and they are executing him for it? My god, Hagrid must be torn up about this! Did you and Ron really do well on the appeal?" Hermione seemed to scold him towards the end.  

Harry rolled his eyes at her and just grabbed her pulling her up leading her to Hagrids.  When they got out of the bridge there stood Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle looking out at Buckbeak behind one of the large stones. The three turned and saw the two walking towards them.

"AHHH! Come to watch the show!" Malfoy laughed with his goons laughing with him in agreement.

Hermione gritted her teeth taking out her wand and quickly put it under his chin, "You Certainly Are A Foul Loathsome Evil Little Cockroach!"

Malfoy glanced down and glared while Hermione shoved her wand harder against his neck. He whispers where she could hear, "Careful where you put that, Granger.  You most likely don't know how to even work that properly at least I haven't seen you do much."

Hermione leaned in a bit to whisper, "No I would watch yourself Malfoy. I know spells that would make your blood curl in fear and I know how to use them.  If you don't believe me just ask Daphane and how she loves sharing a dorm with me.  Then you will know for sure just what I can really do with this wand pointed wherever I like."

Harry stood nervously, "Hermione he's not worth it"

Hermione took a step back still glaring at Malfoy, "Your right Harry. He's not...but as a reminder who he's dealing with!"

Hermione then punched him right in the face and he took off running.  She smirked at Harry, "Well are we going or not?"

Harry nodded and grinned at her happily, "That was brilliant!"

"I know it was..."

They reached Hagrid's and went in where Ron was already sitting next to a crying Hagrid. 

"It-it not fair!" Hagrid wailed throwing a small peddle on his floor. Harry quickly sat on the other side of Hagrid and comforted him as he cried.

"I'm so sorry Hagrid it truly isn't fair.  I'm sorry the appeal wasn't enough to save him.  But Hagrid they are going to be here any moment this isn't how Buckbeak would want you to face those spineless cowards that wouldn't stand up to Malfoy's father." Hermione said looking at him. 

Hagrid nodded, "You're right, Hermione. Buckbeak needs me to be strong for him."

Hermione nodded uncomfortably with the whole emotion thing Hagrid was doing. She really wasn't comfortable comforting people, she was out of her element.

"Oh, that reminds me, Ron, I found something of yours," Hagrid hopped up drying his tears while grabbing a small container.  Hagrid walked back over with a rat in his hands.

"SCABBERS!" Ron yelled and quickly took his from Hagrid.

"Hmm...it seems my cat or snake in fact didn't eat your rat...shame"  

"Wait you have a pet snake?" Harry questions, "How did you even get that in? It's not on the list of pets."

"Well a rat isn't on a list either how did Ron get his rat here. The same way I did they did check the luggage you keep with you. Plus, I'm a Slytherin, I'll always find a way," Hermione shrugged.

"Now you three must be going.  They could arrive at any moment. Remember to keep your pets close now off with you three." Hagrid pushed them out the door and they started climbing the hill and turned once they saw the three men approach the house. They stopped and watched as Hagrid came out and they walked over to Buckbeak.

Dread filled the air as the man in black held the large ax in the air and swung down.  They heard a small thud and looked down defeated. They were about to continue walking when Ron shouted.

"OUCH! SCABBERS! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!" 

Harry and Hermione turned around to look at Ron who was running after his rat. Ron caught him and didn't realize where he was. He was to close to the whomping willow.

"WEASLEY! THE WHOMPING WILLOW!" Hermione shouted at him to move.  Ron turned around and pointed frightening behind where they stood.

"THE-THE GRIM!" Ron shouted while Harry and Hermione turned to look at a very large black dog. The dog growled and slowly walked towards them and Hermione jumped trying to get her wand out, but the dog sprinted past them and grabbed Ron by the leg with its jaws.  The large dog then dragged Ron into a hole in the ground at the base of the tree. Ron was screaming in pain as he was dragged out of sight.

"RON!" Harry yelled at tried to run after but the tree knocked him backward onto the ground.

"We need to get past this tree!" Harry yelled.

"What do you think I'm trying to do!" Hermione yelled back while avoiding the flying branches coming at her. But didn't notice as one brach quickly wrapped around her leg and grabbed her pulling her upside down in the air.

Hermione was shocked as she dropped her wand onto the ground.  But before she could be hit again an orange flash broke across the grass and hit something on the base of the tree. The tree suddenly stood still and Hermione was dropped.

She hit the ground hard, "Oww!" Hermione laid there for a few seconds when she felt something walk on her belly and looked at her face.

"CROOKSHANKS!?" the cat meowed at Hermione surprise. She got up knowing that time wasn't on their side. "Where's my wand?"

She heard a small hiss, "here..."

Hermoine quickly grabbed her wand where Agiel was laying next to it waiting for her. 

"You two get extra treats tonight once I get back.  PROMISE!" She yelled and grabbed the confused Harry and led him down the dark tunnel. 

"Where do you think this goes?" Harry quietly asked Hermione.

"If my guess is correct...then the shrieking Shack."

______________________________________________________

A.N. - I plan on finishing year three completely on July 18 but it might run over to like July 19 because I work on these closer to night so I may be like 2 or 3 in the morning when you get the rest.  I personally can't wait for year four because there is going to be a lot more different stuff that is different.  Well, you find out what really happened I will have a dark warning towards that chapter because It's really dark on my part to even think that whooo. And we get a LOT more magic on Hermione's part it gets interesting.  SECRETES!