Year 7 - The Move

Hermione returned a lot earlier than she planned so once she was inside she went and found Harry after waving to Sirius telling him she's back. 

"Still packing?" she asked walking into his room.

"Yeah...it's just weird... in a way, this has become my home in the last few years. Even more so now that we renovated it."

Hermione looked at the now red walls of Harry's room, "Such a Gryfinndor...but I have to agree it has become a lot more welcoming."

"Hermione...why don't you go back to your parents during the summer anymore?"

Hermione grew silent at his question. She reached up and scratched her neck, "I don't really want to talk about it...but I can't go back really not then, not now, and never again even if the war ends."

Harry understanding stands up and walks to Hermione, "Over the years I truly believe we've become great friends...but I think it's more...to me you're like a sister. I can't describe it, but I think you feel it too. Were connected in a way. WAIT! That sounded weird. I swear not romantically that's reserved for Ginny...but..."

Hermione held up her hand stopping him from talking anymore, "Harry...I know what you mean and I think...well I think it's the same for me."

Harry smiled, "Well good then. I was going to say that Sirius and I were talking and you've always been there, but you're like family, and if we survive the war that room and this house is open to you."

"Seriously?"

"Well his name is Sirius, but I know he was completely serious when he said that to me." Harry joked.

Hermione went and punched him in his arm. Harry chuckled and hugged her.

"Thank you...really thank you for always being there for me...for Sirius...for everyone."

Hermione patted his back, "Okay okay enough of this you still have to finish packing."

Harry smiled and let go of her, "Will you help me?"

Hermione smirked and walked out the door, "Not a chance...I'm going to go read."

A few hours passed and that was when they heard people apparating into the entrance hallway. 

Harry and Hermione went downstairs to find a large group of people filing into the kitchen; Ron, Fleur, Bill, Mad-eye, Mundungus, Tonks, Remus, Kingsley, Hagrid, Fred, and George. 

"Remus! Tonks! You're back already from your honeymoon?" Harry questioned.

"Yes...it was quite lovely..." Tonks was trying to talk, but Mad-eye Moody pushed past them. 

"Come on we don't have all day and we have a change of plans."

Sirius looked at Moody, "Wait why?"

"Pius Thickness has been compromised. All magical transportation is now being watched, so moving Potter through the floo network is now off. We have to go by brooms for now. I also sense dark magic outside of the wards so once we leave the wards it's likely we'll have a fight on our hands. I don't know how many, but they are there."

"What are you going to do?" Fleur questioned. 

Moody pulled out vials from his robes, there's only six. The new plan is to divide and concore. If they don't know who's the real Potter the fewer people will die. You said it yourself, Harry, Voldemort wants to kill you himself. So everyone who is disguised as Potter will live longer."

"NO! I REFUSE! I DON'T WANT ANYONE AT RISK FOR ME!" Harry shouted. 

Hermione behind him rolled her eyes. She quickly walked up behind Harry and ripped out some of his hair quickly.