Year 6 - Start of Summer for Everyone

~Harry~

When Harry got back to Grimmauld Place he didn't say much to anyone, not even Sirius which was odd to the man.

Sirius gave him space for a bit and just watched him. He noticed Harry was pale and tired almost all of the time. He wasn't going to bother Harry about it until Lupin came by and Harry barely even greeted him much to Sirius shock. 

It was later that night when Sirius stopped at Harry's room, knocked on the door, and walked in. 

"Knock knock..." Sirius walked over and sat on the bed where Harry was laying.  Harry sat up and looked at him.

"Harry what's wrong and don't give me that bullshit answer of nothing. I know something is off."

Harry looking guilty looked down at his lap. "I-I know Molly said at his funeral it wasn't my fault...and I honestly have accepted that...but I still have this guilt in me..."

"Harry, it wasn't your fault. Arthur was protecting his sons and you. He died protecting those he cares about. It wasn't your fault..."

"No...that's not why I feel guilty. This guilt is here because I feel relief...I could have been you who died...and I tried to not feel this relief and I feel guilty for it...ahh...I don't know how to explain this..." Harry threw himself onto the bed.

"It's just that I've been with you here for about three years now...before it was just going to Hogwarts felt like home...but even out of Hogwarts with you...it feels like home...If you died...I don't know what I would have done..." Harry finished.

Sirius sighed, "Emotions are complicated, aren't they. Honestly, Harry if it was me I think you would have been fine...very upset of course who wouldn't be...but time heals all wounds to scars. It will still be there, but more as a reminder." Sirus said and pat Harry's shoulder.

"What happened to Arthur was horrible tragic and will affect us all, some more than others. Right now Harry instead of focusing on how we feel there is friends...no family who needs our support through this rough time. Even if it bothers you...we have to try to be that light for them right now." Sirius said.

Harry nodded feeling a bit better. "You're right...if I am throwing myself a pity party how am I to help out Ron and them..." He sat back up and his stomach growled.

Sirius laughed, "It seems you really have finally woken up!"

Harry smiled.

~Ron~

If he was talking to someone he would say nothing as changed, if he was honest he would have said everything as changed. The Burrow that use to be filled with laugher and a place of peaceful playfulness was no more. Now everyone was just a shell of themselves. Percy was already gone to the ministry wanting no contact with the family more so after...

Charlie and Bill came home for a while to support Molly for a bit. Charlie once again left for his job and Bill traveled away to France and meet a girl he was positive he was going to marry. The only two that seemed normal...

Fred and George now lived at the shop they made opening it sooner than they wanted. They knew Arthur was the main income for the family and with him gone...they worked extra sending the amount needed for Molly and the house and the rest to keep their shop running.

Ginny now spent most of her time where Arthur did when he was home...the shed. It was still filled with muggle objects he was experimenting with. If she wasn't there, in her room, or the kitchens for food. Luna who lives on the next hill would drag her away, so she would get her mind off of everything...

Molly was there. She busied herself as to not think of Arthur would clean the entire house sometimes even twice, cook, garden, making sure Ron studied for the OWL exam he was going to take before he started back to school, anything really. Just never talked, like real talk... too afraid to break down right then and there. If she thought everyone was asleep she would cry until she passed out from tiredness. Sometimes she couldn't keep it in and she would just cry. She was lost never thought she wouldn't have him by her side.

Ron, however, didn't know how to feel. At first, he was angry at Harry. Then the reason did hit him and let go of that anger to wanting to blame someone for what happened. Now he was lost just trapped in his memories of all the times he spent with dad and how many opportunities he gave up because he wasn't bothered to do anything with him before. Ron thought if he could go back in time he would spend more time with him and know him better. Ron just thought, studied, ate, and slept.

None of them at that moment could think of the future of the Weasley family who was broken now...

~Blaze and Theo~

Blaze started his summer off being sent over to Theo's house instead of Draco's because as his mother put it. "Was not really a nice place to be right now." As he was dropped off Blaze's mother left to go hit up a new husband who was going to die soon.

Summer for them started off worryingly. Theo sending letters back and forth with Daphne checking on her. They learned to their relief that her family wanted to stay out of the war and was now staying at one of their "vacation homes" for the summer. 

The next time any contact with them was from a lower death eater telling Theo's mother that it would be expected for Theo to take the dark mark like his father who was now in prison. Which she firmly stated, "Theo is not graduated nor seventeen yet and will not take the mark until then."

In all honesty, she did not want Theo her only child in that world and would prevent it as much as possible if she could. And so the death eaters left and no more word would be heard from them. 

Next, they worried about Draco and Granger, both failing at sending any sort of message to them telling them if they were safe or not.  Then they heard from Theo's mothers' friends that the death eaters were now taking their time attacking muggle towns, cities, and villages. Then the heard the dark lord took residence in Malfoy Manor...both Theo and Blaze grew sick for both of them. Both not knowing if either was alive or dead...

~Draco~

Coming home for him was a nightmare. Narcissa picked him up from the train and couldn't stop to tell him I'm sorry for what was going to happen.

As soon as he arrived Bellatrix took no time to teach him quite a few lessons and by the time he was presented to the Dark Lord, he was begging to be killed. Narcissa just cried silently where she sat watching her only son being tortured. 

Draco broke telling Voldemort he would do anything to set his family straight in his eyes. Voldemort smirked.

"Since Lucius failed his mission. Get death eaters into the castle and kill Dumbledore...you must be the one to kill him."

A task that was impossible and everyone there knew it and everyone there at the table except his mother wanted his blood to be spilled to gain their seating with Voldemort more.

"Tell me more about that girl who is the Slytherin friend to Potter and seems to be most of Slytherin's friend, too..." Voldemort mocked the friend word. 

Draco didn't want to tell him at first then another round of torture he spilled everything he did know. Guilt filled him and later he couldn't stomach to write them or anything for a betrayal like that, that could lead to her death.

Voldemort marked him, all too young, and said for Bellatrix to work on his mind to make sure Dumbledore couldn't read him. Oh and if he failed he would kill everyone he dared to care about.

That was going to be Draco's summer torture, practicing, and failing...over and over and over again...

And soon for everyone the first week of summer was over only for many more weeks of uncertainty to come...