Year 5 - Trelawney, Firenze, and Fun Plans

"Salazar I hate that woman," Blaze complained as he threw himself onto the floor because all the seats were taken in the common room.

"What did she do now?" Hermione questioned looking up from the book both her and Draco were looking over because he asked for "help" even if he knew everything on it was correct.  Draco slightly glared at Blaze for interrupting while Theo and Daphane just smirked at the blonde boy.

"I was trying to get Snape to tell me what he knows about the breakout at Azkaban and you know what he said.  'I'm afraid that there's a new decree at Hogwarts to where I can not speak about anything not related to school.' I mean that's ridiculous, there are so many problems with that, like what if someone you know dies how are you suppose to find out...just wait to read about it in the paper... at least before anything that happened the teachers could warn you first before finding out in front of everyone...ridiculous!" Blaze ranted and they all could see his point. 

"First limiting our new source by only allowing the daily profit, then tracking and reading our mail, now limiting information from the outside world..." Daphne sadly said hugging Theo.

"She is a horrible excuse of a witch. I'm positive the next thing she does will cause a major shift in Hogwarts. That's everyone will be trying to get rid of her," Theo bet and Daphne snuggled closer to him.

They didn't even have time to get back to whatever they were doing when the common room doors burst open and a third-year boy yelled to everyone, "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE ENTRANCE HALL! PROFESSOR TRELAWNEY AND DUMBRIGE!"

Draco smirked and looked at Hermione, "I knew that would become a thing."

"I know I'm brilliant, but right now we have to go see what's happening," Hermione said hurriedly and everyone got up and walked quickly to the entrance hall. Thank God for the Slytherin common room is closer than the Gryffindor common room.

Once they got to the hall the pushed some people out of the way to where they could see. Professor Trelawney was standing sobbing into her hands with her bags being put around her by Flitch and Umbridge stood a few feet in front of her smiling while looking at the crying professor.

"You-you can't do-do this..." Trelawney sobbed her glasses already fogged, "Hogwarts is-is my home!"

"Actually dear, I can." Umbridge smiled holding a paper of her dismissal. McGonagall broke through the crowd and quickly got to Trelawney and hugged her shielding her as much as possible from the pink lady.

"Do you have something to say?" Umbridge was daring McGonagall to speak.

McGonagall glared at the woman, "Oh, I do have quite a few words to say...but that will wait." McGonagall went back to comforting the professor when the doors opened again and Dumbledore walked in.

"YOU CAN NOT INTERFERE WITH THIS! THE MINISTRY GAVE ME RIGHTS TO DISMISS ANY PROFESSOR I WANT!"

Dumbledore ignored her at first and turned to the two ladies and gave the crying woman's hand a comforting squeeze, "take Sybill inside I'll take care of this."

Trelawney and McGonagall walked away and everyone waited until they were gone when he spoke.

"You have the right to dismiss my professors, not to banish them from the grounds!"

"THE MINISTRY SAID..."

Dumbledore cut her off, "The ministry has given you the rights to dismiss the professors.  Sybill will remain a resident at Hogwarts even if I can not reinstate her teaching position. I also have the right to hire any new professors I want and now is the perfect opportunity to introduce to everyone the new Divination professor, my dear friend Professor Firenze."