Year 4 - Marks and Back to Hogwarts

The morning came quickly for Hermione and her mind for once seemed to not process everything that happened. She got out of the bed and put on an outfit that was in her luggage. She noticed that Ginny must have already been downstairs since the girl's bed was empty. She walked down the stairs calmly and got to the Weasley dining room where everyone was sitting with food in front of them but not eating. She joined and sat next to Ginny at the end of the table. 

The table was silent as they waited for the last two to arrive, the twins. It was a few minutes before the two joined and for once they were not grinning. The table sat in silence until Arthur broke it. 

"The ministry is a mess. Unfortunately, the culprits were not caught and with the...deaths...it's becoming harder for the ministry to ignore this. Now I'm asking everyone here right out, did you see anything?"

The younger Weasley's looked at each other before Fred spoke up, "Besides the black robes and masks...no."

Ginny was looking down at the table before speaking up after Fred, "I-I saw the people in the air...the ones who died...I didn't see their death...but I just remember running...It was horrible."

"Actually, I saw the person who put that...thing...in the air!" Harry said as a matter of factly. "And so did Hermione since she came back to find me."

"You went back, for Harry?" Molly questioned. "But-but with everything that was happening...you didn't see...that did you?" Molly was referring to the deaths and she knew it.

Hermione slowly nodded, careful to not show emotions. "Yes...I did.  And what Harry said is true. We did see the person who threw up the Dark Mark.  I'm sorry to say though we were too far away to see his face.  And I'm fine." Hermione carefully put a smile on her face calming the mother Weasley.

"That's good with nothing really to say to the ministry there is no point of making a trip there. Now you lot I know a lot has happened, but it's not your problem, now go have some fun and go play quidditch." Arthur told the group and almost everyone brightened before running out trying to get the best broom they had.

"Hermione dear can you stay?" Molly stopped the girl from leaving with everyone.  Hermione turned and smiled at the mother Weasley then nodded. Once everyone was out of the house beside the two adults and Hermione they began.

"Are you sure your okay Hermione?" Molly asked looking very concerned at the girl hoping that she would open up a bit.

The girl smiled that most what others would call a pained smile at her, "I'm fine Molly just a little out of sorts.  I'm positive I'll be perfectly fine after a few more days.  Thank you for your concern."

Hermione then decided to join the others outside and the two adults looked out the window at them all concerned about the upcoming year.

The last bits of summer was filled with mostly laughter and other times Hermione would watch as random people came up to the house to question the Weasley or just talk about what the appearance of the death eaters could mean.

When she wasn't talking to Harry or Ginny or just annoying Ron, she was just looking outside.  She didn't want to do her normal thing by reading because she felt that something wasn't right with reading as much anymore no matter how much she wanted to.

She was also annoyed at the end of every day when she had to clean the dishes with Ginny as a reminder of being pulled into something she didn't want to be apart of.  She would like to believe she was completely fine with what happened back during the trip but in honestly the coldness in her at not really being that bothered of seeing someone die was bothering her more than the actual deaths. 

When it was finally time to get to the train the entire group arrived about thirty minutes early and piled onto the train.  Most of them separated and went to find their friends while Hermione remained with Harry, Ron, and Ginny.

Overall the train ride was uneventful and boring while the boys sat and played around different games. It was almost a relief when the train came to a stop signaling for the students to get off the train.

When the group finally got to one of the carriages, Hermione stopped and stared at the creature pulling it. Harry looked at her just starring and walked up by her.

"You okay Hermione?"

"Yes...sorry...just got distracted... let's go," Hermione walked back and slid by Ginny in the carriage as they were pulled away.

Hermione took a deep breath in waiting for this next year to begin.

_________________________________________________

A.n. - Sorry for the small update that's late.  My uncle, unfortunately, passed away last week and after that, I'm now at a mini-vacation of visiting my best friend that lives 8 hours away soooo...I've been a bit out of it.  I'm sorry if this chapter is not up to par with the others I'm just really still out of everything.  Hope you enjoy anyway.