Year 7 - Open to Close

It was a while before her tears dried up. She moved to the empty staircase that usually moved, but now it was still and completely silent. Hermione sat on the landing back against the wall staring out at nothing. Her eyes were puffy and tired as she stared. She heard footsteps walk up near her stop and the person sat down next to her. She glanced over to see who it was before turning back to look at nothing.

"We really do have horrible timing don't we..." she said.

Draco didn't say anything as he just sat next to her.

"Daph's gone..." she rasped out shaking.

"I know...I saw..."

"I really thought we all were going to make it."

"War doesn't allow us to pick and choose."

Hermione didn't say anything. Instead, she just let her head collapse against his shoulder.

"How did you not get murdered in the Great Hall?" Hermione questioned him.

"The Weasley's they vouched for me."

"That's a shock."

"It really is."

They stayed silent for a few minutes. Their minds on Theo, since they refused to think anymore about Daphne.

"I don't know how to help him...Daphn...she was always the one to calm him down and bring him back..." Hermione said.

"I don't think we can help him right now...it's going to take time...for all of us."

Hermione almost teared up again, "Godric...I'm going to miss her...I can't even wrap my head around it..."

"Neither can I..."

They heard footsteps approach them, but they didn't move. It wasn't until Harry came up and stopped before them that Hermione reacted.

"Harry?"

Harry was clutching something to his chest tightly.

"Where are you going? What's that? Where's Ron?" She questioned him.

Harry glanced at Draco and back to her, "can I speak to you?"

Hermione nodded and looked at Draco. He knew what it meant and got up and walked back down to the Great Hall.

"Ron went back to the Great Hall after I asked him, too."

"The snake?"

"Voldemort left before we could really do anything....err...Hermione...Snape was there...he was killed."

Hermione froze and slowly closed her eyes again and asked, "What happened?"

"Voldemort thought that he's the true master of the elder wand and that's why it's not working properly for him...he ordered Nagini to kill him. After Voldemort left we tried to save him with your potion...Snape stopped me and said to use it for others."

"Snape that Bastard turning good at last minute," Hermione chuckled.

"Hermione...he wasn't the one to disarm Dumbledore that night...you did on Dumbledore's orders."

"Let's not talk about that now...what's that?" Hermione questioned the vial in his hand.

"Snape gave me his memories."

"You going to go watch it?"

"I suppose...can you come with me? I mean feel like I need to watch it alone, but can you be there...just with me?"

Hermione nodded and got up. It was like a funeral march up to Dumbledore's office. They didn't even have to say the password as they approached it...it just opened for them and they walked up. Harry silently walked over and took out the basin and put the memories in and went in.