Year 2 - Train Rides and A Lonely Feast

Another summer was up for Hermione and another new year is almost starting.  Her mother drove her to the train station and hugged her goodbye before letting her go off to the platform.  She looked back on the conversation before she left her.

"Hermione" her mother's soft voice pierced her.

"Yes, mum?"

"You know I love you correct?" Jean put on a sad smile looking at the young girl in front of her.

"Yes.  I don't understand why you're saying this?" Hermione questioned her mom looking blankly at her as Jean rushed to her and hugged her tightly.  Hermione clung to her trunk almost shocked at her mother's behavior.

"It's just...a feeling." She whispered and let Hermione go and backed up.  "Have a good year.  I love you."

Hermione nodded and slightly smiled before walking off.

'It was an odd moment' Hermione thought before walking into the wall and was in platform 9 3/4.  Hermione looked around for someone she may know before handing her trunk to one of the baggage men.  After looking around a few more minutes she grew bored and everyone was looking at her strangely as she stood alone.

Noticing the looks she climbed on board to the train, found an empty cabin closing the door behind her.  Her trunk appeared above the right seat.  Doing the one thing she knows best, she grabbed a book from her smaller bag by the trunk and started reading.

She couldn't concentrate on the book because she was busy looking out the window for Potter or the red-headed family.  She nervously looked at the clock outside.

'They are cutting it close, aren't they?' she thought as it was five minutes before the train was to leave.  Knowing she wasn't going to be able to read she put the book down and continued to stare at the clock watching it tick.

Five minutes passed and the train took off.  Parents were waving goodbye to their kids and families watched as loved one disappeared into the distance. 

Hermione sighed then heard a knock on the door.  She looked up and noticed it was the girl Weasley.  Hermione raised an eyebrow at her before opening it and looked at the girl.

"She-Weasley, interesting to see you here?"

She blinked at Hermione and didn't flinch at her Slytherin voice.

"I see you've gone back into your Slytherin habits."

"Yes, I have to go back sometime.  I'm positive you'll be a Gryff. like the rest of your family."

"Yep, I'm a Gryff. through and through." Ginny smirked at her before sliding in the door and sitting opposite of her.

Hermione was shocked at first, but didn't show it.  After all, she's the only Weasley so far that showed her any signs of true friendship?" She questioned herself at the end but before saying any more to Ginny another knock was heard.

The two girls looked up and a light blonde haired girl opened up the door.  The most noticeable trait was the girl's eyes, a really light blue that had a faraway look to them.

"Hello!" The girl softly spoke to them with her dreamy, light voice. "Mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is infected with nargles!"

The two girls didn't know how to take her and just nodded as the girl walked in and sat next to Ginny.

At first Hermione thought it was going to be awkward and didn't want to say anything, but the two girls started talking and everything just worked out.  Sure Hermione didn't speak much, but according to Luna that was a Slytherin trait and asked if she was a Slytherin.

The train ride was going great until she turned to Ginny and asked, "Hey, do you know where Potter and your brother are?"

Ginny frowned thinking back, "Now that you mentioned it.  We were running a bit late and I didn't see them go through the barrier."

"You don't think..."

"They missed the train!"

"There heads must be infected with gargles.  What a shame."

Hermione looked at them, "there's no way Dumbledore would allow his start students to not be at Hogwarts.  They'll most likely be here by tomorrow if they missed the train."

The other two girls nodded and the train rides continued.  Soon they arrived at Hogsmed and the Ginny and Luna followed after the other first years.  Hermione followed everyone else. 

Once Hermione was in the hall she sat at the end where most of her Slytherin mates moved away from her.  She was used to it so she just smirked.

Soon the first years we're walking into the hall to be sorted.  Hermione didn't pay much attention to it until Luna was called.  The hat took about thirty seconds before shouting, "RAVENCLAW!"

Luna happy skipped over and took a seat.  Hermione thought where she was sorted was interesting.  She thought Luna would go to Gryffindor or Hufflepuff.

Soon Hermione blanked out again before coming back for Ginny's sorting.  The hat was quick to yell Gryffindor.  Ginny ran over and took a seat.  She looked up and saw Hermione.  She noticed that she was completely out casted by the other Slytherins. 

Hermione shrugged at her and before they knew it the feast began.  The feast was normal until towards the end when she saw Professor Snape get up and marched out the door.  A few minutes after other teachers followed.

Hemione was curious to know what was going on, but unfortunately the prefects lead everyone to the common room.  Instead of sticking around in the common room she went up to the dorm rooms and found herself a bed and got settled in.

Before she could fall asleep the other girls came in talking about Potter and Weasley and something about a flying car, the Whomping Willow, and other rumors about them. 

Hermione laid there if any of what was said true then she was disappointed in them and they deserved whatever punishment was going to be given to them.  Sighing lightly she turned over once more before trying to go to sleep again.

This year is already starting out interesting.

_______________________

A.N. - YEAH man I updated!  Lol anyway just wanted to say thanks and sorry for an errors I did this on my phone which my fingers DO NOT want to go to the right place. 
Anyway enjoy BYE!