Year 4 - Plans and Newspaper Lies

Hermione was tired as she stayed up all last night trying to form some sort of plan but failed with each idea ending with at least one of them dead. She was gripping her hair tightly as she looked into the books that laid around her. Harry was there trying to help but was not helping at all.

"Why can't we do this..."

"As I said before, we can't do that because the heat of the fire would just destroy it quicker than you can say homework!"

"I give up! I can't find anything!" Harry said pushing the book he was looking at away.

"Harry is there anything and I mean anything you're actually good at?" Hermione was tired they were after all in the library for most of the day.

"If it's anything to do with quidditch, I'm all for it..." Harry slammed his head on the desk. Hermione sighed putting her head in her hands.

"WAIT! THAT'S IT!" Hermione yelled and Harry looked up.

"FLYING! I GOT IT!" Hermione smiled and grabbed one of the many books.

"Here it says you can't bring anything to the competition, but your wand...but what if you summoned your broom to the competition instead. You see I had a plan where I set up some wards around where we stand.  It's supposed to keep the fire away from you the problem with that was the heat can still get to you, so the second ward is a cooling charm. The problem with this is while the fire can't get to us the dragon still can get us. But with wards you can't just move them with you they are meant to be stationary. So we need a distraction...what if you are flying around on your brook making the dragon not focus on me while I get whatever I need to get." Hermione was talking fast, but Harry understood it all.

"That just leaves the problem with me being burnt alive on the broom," Harry looked at her the one flaw.

Hermione grinned, "You see the wonderful thing about ward is that it attaches to whatever it needs to. An example would be, wards that hide a house, it attaches itself to the house. And wards that keep objects away from a place, the spell itself is attached to where it is placed. While most of these are stationary what if we put it where it's attached to a broom.  All that you have to do is avoid being eaten!" 

"Okay...how do I get the broom to me?"

"The summoning charm! Accio!"

"And why can't you do it for me?" Harry questioned.

"Because if I do too much of the work that would look bad on you. We have to even it out!"

"Fine, how do I do this spell?"

"Easy, just ho up your wand thinking of the object you want and say Accio broom!" Hermione was excited. "Okay here's your assignment practice that spell start with small objects and work up and do father distances, too. I'm going to go practice the wards after I go to eat lunch. Remember you have to get this spell down after all you don't want to die tomorrow do you?" Hermione questioned smiling and Harry stood up with the book in hand running out to practice the spell.

Hermione sighed in relief and walked to the great hall for some dinner. Once inside the Great Hall, she walked to the Slytherin table and sat down where Theo, Blaze, and Daphne were sitting. They were reading the paper that came in late today because of a late submission story of Rita Skeeter that was about the champions. They looked up and at her then Theo spoke questioning her, "Is it true?"

"What?" Hermione questioned not understanding what he was saying. 

"Read this..." Daphne handed her the paper she was reading.

It started with small stories about Fleur, Cedric, and Krum that seemed okay, but then it got to Harry's and hers when it started to get outrageous. Hermione wasn't happy when reading Harry's which was before hers. That's horrible and untrue...if Harry reads this especially about Sirius and his parents..."

"That's not we were talking about, read yours, "Blaze told her and she started reading hers.

Hermione Granger, who is she besides Harry Potter's partner in the upcoming tournament, from what I've heard she the top student in her year and possible soon the whole school.  While she may seem like a great student there little facts about her that makes her even more interesting, like the fact she's a muggleborn and in Slytherin. Throughout the history of Hogwarts, there has never been a single muggleborn Slytherin until now. What qualities does she have that makes her qualified to be a Slytherin? We will have to find out later. Why would Harry Potter choose a Slytherin for his partner? Well, my readers the hidden romance between the two! According to sources the two have always been abnormally close even with the difference of being a Slytherin and Gryffindor. Now one question remains how far back does this Romance go? Only time will tell us! 

Now as you know the champions are allowed to have family come and watch them participate in the competition even muggles are allowed to come and cheer for there children. So far we know Victor Krum's, Fleur Delacour's, and Cedric Diggory's family will be at the tournament to cheer on their children. As will, Sirius Black and the Weasley family be there for Harry Potter from sources I found. Since I was the reporter of this story I graciously went to the Granger's household where I talked to Henery Granger and Jean Granger parents to the Slytherin muggleborn Hermione Granger. When I was there I invited them to the competition for their daughter where I was declined. Mr. Granger as I quote said 'he would prefer to not see the girl unless necessary' which would be during the summer holidays for Hogwarts where students are required to go home for the summer. Mrs. Granger didn't say a word just asked for me to leave. Is there family trouble with Ms. Granger? What happened that caused this family rift?

Hermione was shaking by the end of the article in anger. How dare that woman go talk to them and go through her personal life and spread lies about her and Harry.

"So is it true?"

"Potter and I are not dating..." she angrily spat out. 

Theo waved that off, "No not that...I mean with your parents...is it really like that with them?"

Hermione laughed, "you purebloods believe that muggle-borns are below you and don't belong in this world...what if I told you that muggles believe that magical beings are below them and don't belong in their world...now, where do muggle-borns belong? That's right we are to abnormal to belong anywhere...not in the magical or muggle world. I don't have time for this, I lost my appetite." 

Hermione got up and left after burning the paper and she walked down to the common room where she needed to concentrate on making the wards work. She decided right then she was going to do what she wanted no matter what others thought. She, after all, was just her and tomorrow will show a small fraction of what she can do.