Year 1 - Through the Trap Door

The library was silent as the two mismatched friends sat reading, well one was reading while the other pretended to.  Hemione was getting annoyed at Harry as he kept moving around and clutching his forehead.  Hermoine was trying to ignore it, but when he moved around one more time Hermoine annoyedly talked.

"Do you have a nasty headache or something cause you've been all up on your forehead ever since the forest?"

"No, it's my scar, it's burning!" Harry clutched onto his forehead rubbing his scar.  "I think it's a warning of danger coming."

"And how are you suppose to know that?"

"Well when we were in the forest once that thing started coming towards us, my scar burned then."

"Well, what do you want to do about it?" Hermione questioned Harry putting down her book.

"I know this sounds crazy, but I think we need to talk to Dumbledore.  I think I know who is causing everything."

"And who is that?"

"Snape." 

Hermione's eyes widened in disbelief. "First of all Potter I know he's not your biggest fan, but I don't think you should be accusing him of anything."

"No, listen.  The night of the troll attack he was limping and I saw blood running down his leg.  I know this sounds insane, but I think he was trying to get past Fluffy and got hurt and all the times I've seen him sneaking around the school." Harry explained.

"Look Potter I don't agree with you, but I'll help you get to Dumbledore's office.  I can't promise I'll say anything, but I'll help in any way I can."

"Thanks, Hermoine, now let's go!" Harry said and started dragging Hermoine to Dumbledore's office.

"YOU MEAN NOW!" Hermione yelled.

"Yes." Harry blinked at her as they continued walking. Hermione sighing behind Harry.

The two now stood in front of a gargoyle that led to Dumbledore's office.  "PASSWORD?" It spoke to them.

"There's a password to Dumbledore's office?" Harry questioned.

"Well yes, Potter.  It's not like there noooo important information in there that students shouldn't see." Hermoine sarcastically told him and Harry frowned at her. 

"We don't know the password," Harry told the large statue.

"No password, no admittance!"

Before Harry could argue with it, McGonagall walked up to them. "What are you two doing here?"

"We're trying to see Dumbledore!  It's about the Philiopshere's Stone!" Harry told her loudly.  McGonagall was startled and was confused.

"How you know about that.  Nevermind!  Dumbledore is not here.  He got an emergency letter from the ministry and won't be back for a while."  Harry and Hermoine paled a little at McGonagall's words.  They looked at each other and took off in the opposite direction from McGonagall.

"If Dumbledore is gone..."

"Then the stone is vulnerable!"

"We have to get that stone before Snape!" Harry shouted and Hermoine just nodded.

"Look I'll go ask Hagrid about Fluffy and I know you won't like this but can you get Ron and we meet in the fifth-floor hall?"  Harry asked her and Hermione scowled at him.

"You want me to get Weasel-be?  Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Please! Hermione!" Harry begged.

"Fine!" Hermione told him and walked off the Gryffindor common room and knocked to the side to avoid hitting the lady in the portrait.  She waited and the older Weasley, Percy, opened it.

"What do you want?"

"I need to speak with Potter's friend Weasley...Ron..." Hermione told him and he sneered at her before closing the portrait again in her face walking to get Ron.  She waited until the youngest boy Weasley opened the portrait and stumbled out.

"What do you want?" Ron scowled at her.

"What's with the scowl you Weasley's-so-love to give me for no reason.  Anyway, Potter wants to meet with us at the fifth-floor hall."

"And why would I believe you?"

"You don't have to, but if you want to be sure, then follow."  Ron didn't want to follow at first, but soon did and the two arrived where Harry stood.

"Harry, what is it?" Ron questioned the boy who then jumped into the whole story and finished telling Hermione what Hagrid told him.

"So that means Snape knows how to get past Fluffy now!" Ron shouted and the three stood in silence.

"I know this is going to sound sooo Gryffindor coming from me, but I think we need to get that stone before WHOEVER takes it," Hermoine said and the other two agreed.

"Then we have to do this tonight!" Harry said.

"Well Weasley, Potter, I'll see you at the third-floor corridor,"  Hermoine told them and walked to her common room now thinking of some plans for tonight and going over many spells.

The night came quickly and Hermoine was down in the common room about to leave.  She was about to leave when a voice stopped her.

"Where do you think you're going at this time, Granger?" She turned around and Malfoy stood before her.

"Malfoy please I really have to go."

"Come on Granger.  What are you trying to do?"

"You remember the creature in the forest.  I think he's in Hogwarts and I'm going to go try to stop it."

"That's suicide! Just go tell a teacher or something and they'll take care of it."

"You don't understand!  I HAVE to go do this!  Please!"

He looked at her for a minute, "Fine.  But what if someone asks for you and you're not here?"

"Malfoy look if I'm not back around an hour from now then get a teacher and explain to them that three idiot students decided to go protect a stone.  They'll understand!" Hermoine told him.

"GRANGER!"

"AN HOUR MALFOY!" She yelled ignoring his yell and took off down the hall.  She was in the third-floor hall when behind her she heard a voice.

"Where have you been?" Ron questioned.

"I got stopped by Malfoy.  He is taken care of so don't worry."

"Same with Neville he tried to stop us, but Ron kind of stunned him,"  Harry told her and she smirked at Weasley.  

"Can't believe you have it in you Weasley, impressive."

The three then approached the door and pressed their ears to the door.  They heard harp music playing inside.

"This is not good that means Snape's already been through here.  Fluffy sleeps through any music."  Harry soon opened the door and the three walked in slowly.  Ron and Harry pushed one of the paws off the trap door and opened it.

The three looked inside and couldn't see the bottom of the darkness inside the trap door.

"So, who first?" Hermione questioned and looked at the two boys who glanced at each other.

The three were so busy arguing about who was going first that they didn't notice that the harp stopped playing.  

Ron looked up, "Guys..."

"What?"

"He pointed at the waking dog as it started growling at them and getting up slowly.  It starred at them and the three didn't move.  It wasn't until the three-headed dog lunged at them that Hermoine dove straight in grabbing Ron and Harry on the way down pulling them into the darkness.  The trap door closed silencing the barking on the other side as the small group fell into the unknown.