Year 4 - Yule Ball

"Granger! Why are you not getting ready?! The dance is in two hours! You don't have enough time!" Daphne was yelling at the girl who was sitting down on the couch reading.

Hermione looked up from her book to the girl, "Why on earth would I need two hours to get ready all that needs to be done is to put on a dress, my hair up, and a little bit of make-up." 

"GRANGER! It takes a lot longer than you think! Come on, get up! At least you already took a shower this morning I can help tame your hair and help with the make-up, too. I have some extra Sleekeazy's Hair Potion you can use, so do you have a plan at all on what you want your hair to even look like?"

"Yes I have a plan and you're right I have no idea how to even make make-up work properly for my face. I would appreciate the help, Daphne." Hermione looked up at the already almost done girl who was all made up except for the dress. Daphne nodded and pulled her back to their room and sat Hermione down on a desk chair pulling out a make-up bag from her trunk and began working. 

After almost thirty minutes Daphne took a step back smirking proudly, "Done! Go look at it!"

Hermione got up and looked into the mirror and was surprised to find she looked gorgeous already even without her hair or outfit done. "Wow, you've impressed me, Daphne." Hermione was turning her head looking at herself in the mirror. 

"Now let get your hair done, that seems like the struggle," Daphne again sat Hermione back on the chair. 

"While you're doing that, do you think I can begin to transfigure one of my robes into the dress?" Hermione questioned and Daphne nodded while Hermione grabbed one of her robes and small extra buttons she bought just in case her robe buttons broke off.   "Also I never bothered learning these types of spells," Hermione talked referring to Daphne spell work on her hair. "I want my hair to be up. Most of it in a bun, with some strands falling. I also want my hair to be a little bit darker, I'm making some small things to go in my hair and it would look better if my hair was darker. Not completely black, just dark enough if could be black or a very dark brown."

"That's a lot of instructions, but I know you will be almost like one of us when I'm done!" Daphne explained proudly and started working again. Hermione then turned her attention to the robe with her wand in hand.  Hermione destroyed something then repaired some others, changed colors of objects and the cloth, overall she was so focused on finishing up the dress and the extra materials she didn't notice when Daphne said she finished after an hour. 

Hermione looked at herself once more in the mirror and was even more shocked at how amazing she looked. If she was honest she would say that even Daphne pales in comparison to her, not that she would ever say that, purebloods would take offense to that, that someone like her was more amazing than them, in not just magic, but now looks, too.

"Thank you, Daphne, you only have thirty minutes left. I'll finish here you can get going, I'll see you at the dance," Hermione waved off the girl who bounced off to get dressed then leave early. Hermoine knew she was going to be right on time since she did have to dance the first dance with Krum. 

Smirking she finished the dress with ten minutes to spare and put it on. She did a final look at herself in the mirror and waved her wand above her head making some of the snow crystal flakes fall into her hair, making her stand out even more. She looked at her dress it was flowy with a crystal shine to it. The top part was a pure white and as it flowed down it changed to a lighter blue. She put on some more crystal white necklace, bracelet, earrings a light blue heels, magic cast for it to be more comfortable, completing the entire outfit. 

Smiling she walked out of the coom room where Krum was waiting. He stopped and stared for a while as Hermine spoke, "Hope you weren't waiting too long. You look very nice Victor."

"Thank you, Ms. Hermyohnee. You look more than wonderful...gorgeous!"

"Thank you, now we must be going so we won't be late," Hermione tucked her arm onto Krums as he escorted her to the Great Hall entrance where the other champions and their dates where waiting.

Harry looked up at her as she walked in. He also gasped at her, "Hermione! You look amazing really!" He told her as his date clucked onto his arm. Hermione looked at the girl noticing that it was one of the girl twins, Parvati Patil. She looked where Cedric was and saw Cho Chang on his arm. She sighed knowing that Harry must have waited too late to ask. The other champions also complimented her. 

McGonagall opened the door and looked at them, "We are ready to start...go!"

The champions got to their dates and walked in Fleur and Roger Davies when in first, followed who Cho and Cedric, then Harry and Parvati, then lastly Hermione and Krum. Hermione was ignoring the people as the gasp and question, 'was that Hermione Granger.' She just danced and had fun. 

Soon others from the audience joined in. To Hermione's surprise, the first to join in was Neville Longbottom with Ginny Weasley. She had to smile at that, sometimes Neville can show bravery. And like that everyone was dancing and having fun. Ron though looked a little annoyed with his date Padma Patil the other twin sister. She kept talking and gossiping about stuff that just annoyed Ron. 

Albus Dumbledore, too, joined the fun dancing with multiple other teachers, Olympe Maxime, Pomona Sprout, and Minerva McGonagall. Watching the teachers dance was quiet funny to Hermione since most always seem so serious and seeing them like this was a little weird. 

Hermione was having a blast, she danced with whoever asked, in one of the fast songs her and Ginny grinned at each other and danced away. Harry also got to her and she tried to help him not step on feet anymore. But the most shocking dance was when another slower song came on and Draco Malfoy grabbed her hand and pulled her to dance. 

She raised an eyebrow at him as he spoke, "Well...well...well, Granger, you clean up nicely," He smirked.

"I do! Don't I! Now, what brings the Slytherin Price to dance with the Slytherin mudblood? If dear daddy got wind of this, I bet he wouldn't be too happy now would he?" She smirked as they danced.

"This is more of like a restart and maybe somewhat of an apology."

"Really now and why would you do that?"

"Granger everyone knows you are powerful and will go far, this is my way of helping you make a bit of...leway. The new beginning for us Slytherins, to say we accept you." Draco smirked, "And this is my start of trying to be somewhat, friends. Sure my father won't like it but for some reason, he really won't say anything against you...I believe you scared him once upon a time. And anyone who my father fears even just a little bit is a person to be reckoned with."

"Hmm...that does surprise me, but I suppose this will help me in the end." Hermione smirked looking over his shoulder, "Now you better hope this song gets over soon because I believe your date is about to come and murder you or me...not that she could."

"Right you are Granger. And welcome officially to Slytherin with a lot less bais to you." The song ended and he bowed properly before her and returned to Pansy. Afterward, it seemed okay for other Slytherins to approach her and she danced with multiple Slytherins including, Marcus, Blaze, Theo, and others. 

After dancing so much she found Krum and they got some refreshments and talked for a bit. Soon the dance was ending and Victor escorted her back to the common room and surprised her with a goodnight kiss. She smiled as he left and she walked into the common room and up to her dorm. Where Daphne was waiting.

"I see you have officially been labeled a Slytherin."

"I have," Hermione nodded and got ready for bed quickly.

"You know you were honestly the most beautiful one there. You even outshined that girl with veela heritage. Don't take offense to this...but it's a shame you weren't born as one of us. I hope now that everything is good with us in the future?" Daphne twisted away laying in her bed.

"I should hope so. Don't betray me and we should be good...goodnight Daphne."

"Goodnight."

Hermoine laid down looking up thinking of everything that happened, 'tomorrow is going to be another new start for me.'

Hermione smirked and closed her eyes glad that now everything seemed to be working better for her.