Year 4 - Ron, Rita Skeeter, and Dragons

The following day after the whole Harry was chosen, Ron and Harry's friendship seemed to be off. When Hermione was at breakfast she watched as Ron blatantly ignored Harry and walked to sit by Neville. In classes, she noticed that Ron refused to sit by Harry too. At first, she thought it was just a one-day thing but after a week of Harry finding her instead of Ron, she knew that something was wrong. So she questioned him.

"What's up with you and Weasle?" 

Harry glanced up at her as they sat in the grass by the lake. It wasn't that cold out and with stress and tension building up she figured Harry needed some fresh air. "Ron doesn't believe that I didn't put my name in the cup. Says that I did it for attention and now he's refusing to talk to me."

Hermione snorted at that, "then he's more stupid than what I thought. Don't listen to him Harry, he'll come around after a bit."

"Yeah I know still hurts you know. I saw him making something in the common room being all secretive about it."

Hermione groaned, "Weasley doesn't think before acting...so he may hurt you a bit before the whole sorry thing...but you're very forgiving Harry I know whatever stupid thing he's going to do you two will get past it."

"Now does everyone believe that you put your name in the goblet?" She questioned leaning back onto the ground.

"Most people believe I did it no matter how much I tell them I didn't...at least the Slytherins know I didn't...oh how is it now don't in the snake pit? Now that you're participating with me?"

"They are acting a lot better to me. Pansy is still the worst out of them all, Daphne while I doubt we will ever be friends she like my personal seeker for information, doesn't trust me, but she tells me a lot of information that can be useful. Malfoy and his other two no longer bother me with petty insults or anything like that. Surprisingly I now have a full-time guard or whatever making sure now that I'm your partner in this I won't be attacked by other students, Blaze and Theo. They never were awful to me, but they weren't nice either."

"That's nice...I'm glad it's getting better for you. Are you ready for the daily prophet interview this afternoon?"

Hermione sneered at that, "I don't personally like it, but I'll deal with it. Daphne told me that the lady likes to dig into personal information and twist the truth. She even seeks out people in our lives, too. Horrible if I may say so."

Harry nodded and agreed. "Now Hermione question...did you do the transfiguration paper?"

"That's due tomorrow Potter...you did not do it?"

Harry smiled an embarrassed smiled. Hermione sighed, "come on you can work on it till it's time for the interview. I'll help not do it for you." Harry grinned as they got up and marched to the library. 

Three hours were gone and they were in a small classroom where Mr. Ollivander was sitting and a female that they didn't recognize. 

"I will be conducting a wand check to see if your wand is suitable to use for the competition. Now Mr. Krum your wand, please..." Mr. Ollivander was studying it, "Ten and a quarter inches, Hornbeam wood, dragon heartstring, made by Gregorovitch... quite rigid and thick. Now please cast the revealing charm in that corner."

Krum blinked then did as was told and a chair sitting in the corner was revealed.

"Excellent! Now Ms. Delacour? Ahhh...nine and a half inches, rosewood, the center veela hair and inflexible."

"It was passed down to me by my grandmother," the French girl said and she was asked to perform a transfiguration spell and she did it perfectly.