Year 4 - The First Task

The next day came a little too quickly for Harry's or Hermione's taste. When Hermione woke up she was tired and nervous. She woke up extremely early and was just sitting in the common room thinking. Classes were canceled that day for the task and excitement filled most of the students except for five people. 

Hermione was going over the plan in her head when Malfoy walked into the common room. He looked at her, "Granger the way you look you must know what's in store for you today."

Hermione didn't say a word. Malfoy noticed her usual quietness and sighed, "Look, Granger, you survived a lot worse than this. You'll be fine. Just don't forget to breathe and do your thing."

Hermione nodded and stood up knowing she was to meet Harry outside the Great Hall. "Thanks, Malfoy...what is that?" Hermione stopped once she saw something on his cloak.

There was a button and on it read, 'Potter Stinks!' It was changing color. 

"Oh, this! Weasel-be created it and sold all of them to us Slytherins. Can you believe that! I have to admit he's smart selling it to us, it was sold out in a second!"

"You do realize that I'm a joint member of the Potter team during this?"

"Of course Granger I know! I guess Potter right now is higher on his hate list than you are at the moment. Don't worry there were some buttons about you, but Theo, Blaze, Daphne, and I bought them all and destroyed them. You're a Slytherin and it wasn't right." Draco shrugged and Hermione smirked a little.

"Now that I know that I know a great prank to pull on the Weasel. A little revenge for the buttons I didn't know about until now."

"That will be interesting and if you need some accomplices I know us Slytherin's always want to find a way to bother the Weasel."

"Don't worry if there's anything you can do I'll tell you...harder for teachers to pin-point a person that way," Hermione smirked and left the common room heading to the Great Hall entrance.

Once she got into sight range of the door she saw Harry standing worried and he held fear.

"Hey..."

"Hey..."

"Did you practice the spell?" Hermione questioned and Harry nodded.

"I can perform the spell, but longer distances take time for the item to get to you. You good on the wards?"

Hermione nodded, "They didn't fail once. I'm not in the mood to eat want to just get to the tent now so we can worry about this for a bit longer?"

Harry smiled, "Definitely we can practice the spells where we both can see what will happen."

Without another word, the two left for the champion tent even if they were about an hour and a half early. They practiced their spells for a bit watching to see what each other had to do for it to work. They stopped once the others started showing up also with a worried and panicked expression on their faces. It was silent as each got into their champion clothes. Fleur had the blue of her school with white as the accent color, Krum wore the Burgandy of his school color, Cedric wore his house colors, as did Harry and Hermione. 

It was nearly thirty minutes before it was supposed to start when they could hear the other students getting into the stands for the task. They were loud and excited while the tent was silent. When it reached ten minutes before it was to start Bagman and Crouch Sr. walked into the tent. 

"Gather around children. Now listen up today you will be facing dragons. Your task is to get the golden egg from the dragon mother. Use you're skills and knowledge. At the end of your task, you will be told your score. Okay, now we have two bags one is what you will be facing and the other who will be facing  it first to last." Bagman explains it and the Champions just paled more.