Year 3 - Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs Finding the Traitor

Harry and Hermione arrived at the end of the tunnel that led to a trap door in the floor of the shrieking shack.  They slowly opened the door and crawled into the room standing up wands raised ready to hex anything that moved that wasn't Ron. 

The slowly approached a barely cracked open door and Hermione opened it the rest of the way and it showed Ron on the ground holding his rat with his leg bleeding everywhere. Ron looked up at them.

"H-Harry, Granger.  It's not a dog. It's-It's Sirius Black. BEHIND YOU!" Ron pointed behind where Hermione and Harry stood in the room and the door closed and stood before them was a man. 

The man was skinny and underweight.  He has a gaunt, sunken face, waxy skin, yellow teeth, and long, matted hair.  He looked like a corpse walking to where Hermione thought it may be due to his years in Azkaban.

Hermione quickly disarmed him and grabbed his wand in the air.

He approached the teens slowly while Harry jumped forward wand raised at the man's face.

"You got me parents killed," Harry said in a deadly voice that Hermione has never heard him use before and that made her quirk her eyebrow.  The man was defenseless after all right now, she thought that Harry would be too noble to curse a man without a wand.

The man didn't say anything just stared directly at where Ron was sitting, seemingly not noticing anything that Harry said.

"Doesn't matter I will kill you," Harry said but before Harry could say another word the door flew open.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" the man that just came in yelled and caught Harry's wand in his hand. The man also tried to get the wands from Hermione but she blocked the spell and folded her arms showing she wasn't going to curse them.

Harry and Ron looked at the Professor who just came in and was shocked. 

"Sirius," Lupin looked happy and they nodded to each other before they threw their arms around each other for a long time coming friendly hug. 

"What-what is going on?" Ron questioned confused while Harry just looked angry.

"YOU KILLED MY PARENTS! AND YOU'RE HELPING HIM!" Harry shouted at both of the men.

"My god Harry Weasley will you two shut up.  Maybe we could get some answers that maybe I don't already know," Hermione snapped at the two.

"And what would you know.  You barely even talked to us this entire year," Ron growled out at her.

"And who's fault is that.  I don't recall doing ANYTHING wrong.  And for your information I do know quite a lot, he's a werewolf," Hermoine pointed at Professor Lupin before continuing. "And due to stories, I couldn't help but question teachers, that Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew were best friends.  Unfortunately, two of the three are dead and one was in Azkaban, the other an outcast due to a condition he picked up as a child."

"You are the brightness witch of your age Ms. Granger and sometimes the coldest," Lupin told her pointing his wand at her since she was still armed.

"Now if Harry would listen then explain Professor," Hermione commanded and for once Harry got the message and shut his mouth. 

"Yes I am a werewolf, but do not worry Snape has been giving me wolfsbane potion so I can keep my mind during my transformation. When I was a child in Hogwarts there was no wolfsbane, so Dumbledore had a special place made for me. Here!" Lupin gestured to the shack they were in. "It was horrible then my friends became Animagi to help me during those times so I wouldn't be alone.  It-it made it more bearable. Listen Harry Sirius didn't do it..."