Year 3 - Tea Leaves and More Classes

The next morning was rough waking up for the start of classes.  Hermione sat quietly eating breakfast alone when the new Slytherin Prefect walked over handing over her schedule with his eyebrow raised slightly. 

"I don't see how you have all those class, Granger.  Most of them even are at the same times.  Are you sure this is correct?"

"It is correct..." wanting the boy to leave she looked over his shoulder seeing Professor McGonagall calmly waving her over.  "Sorry I have to go."

Hermione walked over to McGonagall, "Professor you needed to see me?"

"Yes, it is about your schedule.  I've agreed to it and the teachers are aware of the plan.  The object is in my classroom.  Now Ms. Granger if there is anything and if you become too overwhelmed you can drop some of the extra classes.  Right now you're taking every class here.  Any questions and concerns just bring them to me and I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you, Professor, I'll stop by your office after your class to get it."

"Good Ms. Granger.  Happy studying.  Now you should be off to Herbology?"

Hermione nodded and took off out of the Great Hall and to class.  The first of her classes went smoothly until right after lunch when she walked into divination class.

Climbing up the latter to get into a small tower area with tables of three sat.  Looking around it was Gryffindor and Slytherin and unfortunately, Harry and Ron took up a table with Neville.  Sighing lightly she looked around again and saw that the only place left open was next to Malfoy and Daphne Greengrass. 

Without caring about the disgusted looks coming from Daphne she put her stuff down and sat in her chair not bothering to looking at them.

The next few minutes were dreadful as they sat silently while Harry and Neville were giving her pitiful glances.  It was a relief once the Professor walked in with her eye big in her glasses.

"Welcome to Divination Class, most will not have the gift of sight in the beyond..." she mysteriously started being dramatic.  Hermione's nose rose in the air the more the teacher talked.  This was absolutely ridiculous. 

"We are going to start easy.  Without the help of your books or insightful objects try reading the people at your table.  I will be back by the end to examine what you say." Professor Trelawney climbed back out of the trap door from the hot classroom. 

Soon friends just started to actually talk and try to make up a story to tell Trelawney.  The two around Hermione didn't say a word.  Once the clock started to lose more time than what Hermione wanted she spoke, "Look can we just try something.  I really don't care if you like me or not lets just past the class and maybe..."

"Mudblood did we say you can speak!" Daphne snapped cutting off Hermione who just glared at the talking female.

"Here what story I will tell.  The mudblood stole magic comes here to try to ruin Hogwarts, but it won't work because we are smarter than what she thinks." Daphne sneered at her telling her what she thought.

Malfoy was just looking away from the now fighting girls and moved his chair over to Nott's table talking to them knowing that the two females will not stop.

"Really, steal magic is that the best you can do?  And here I thought you just said you were smart."

"I am! Unlike you...you...you...mudblood!"

"Really then tell me, how is it that I stole magic I thought that went against the laws of magic principle." Hermione sat holding her head in her hands like it was a serious question.

"I don't know how, but someday someone will find the truth and then get rid of your kind for good!"

Everyone in the classroom was now focused on the fighting girls.

"Man you really are Pathetic Greengrass.  I don't even know why I waste my time arguing with you."

Greengrass noticing the dismissal shot up out of her seat now standing trying to make herself feel bigger. "You know Granger, rumors get around real quick. I'm curious Granger how does it feel to not only being a freak here in the wizarding world, but also in the muggle world."

Hermione froze at her words confused to where she was going with it.

"I mean it's obvious you're a freak here because of your blood and being in this house with that burden.  On a freak scale that already puts you in high numbers.  Then the muggle world I hear that no one that lives anywhere near you even tries to talk to you.  I don't know why, but that proves that you're a freak there, too.  Not to mention your parents..."

"What do my parents have to do with anything." Hermione coldly stated showing that Greengrass better shut it.

"You see from what we see your parents don't even go with you to Diagon Alley or even to see you off on the train.  Your mother came this year and it was a shock because even she didn't look like she wanted to be there.  So to even your own family You Are A Freak."

"Shut up Greengrass..."

"No no no...she needs to hear this.  Muggles already have dirty blood but mix it with magic it must look exactly like mud.  She's a freak no matter what she does and even her own family doesn't even want or love her!"

Hermione hearing enough pulled out her wand and stuffed in under Daphne's neck.  That shut her up quickly leaving the classroom deathly quiet. 

"Shut up!" Hermione quietly whispered while shoving her wand harder under the girl's neck.

The girl just smirked now, "What can't handle the truth mudblood."

Hermione then grabbed the girls hand and quickly sliced open her hand a bit leaving blood slowly pouring out.  Hermione then cut her own hand showing the girl her own blood then held Daphne's hand down as her own blood mixed with the girls. 

"Yes exactly like mud isn't it." Hermione was livid and then threw Daphne's hand back, like it burned, she quickly healed her own hand grabbing her bag leaving the classroom yelling behind her, "I don't feel well, be sure to tell the Professor."  She disappeared out the door leaving a shocked classroom with one person shaking in fear.

Daphne was not looking forward to going back to her dorm where Granger may be waiting.

_________________________________________________

AN.- thank you again for all the support you guys are showing me I'm really trying to get back going with the story because I'm having a lot of fun with this.  I hope you enjoy the future of this story!