Year 4 - Truth (Summer Part 2)

(Warning chapter ----------so want to skip then don't read)

_______________________________________________

It was ten minutes after Henry left the house, Hermione and Jean were in the living room staring at each other in silence. Jean had had a large glass of water in her hands as they shook a little.

Hermione waited, knowing her mother will start talking as soon as she's ready. Jean looking down at the glass to a tiny sip before looking up at Hermione.

"I-I never wanted you to know...I never planned on telling you unless you found something out yourself...even then I didn't think it would be so soon. You're only about fourteen, Hermione can't you wait, just a bit longer...til your older?" Jean was desperate while looking at her. Clutching on her glass looking at Hermione wanting her to answer the way she wants her, too.

"No...look you know I'm a hundred percent more mature than most people my age...I want...no NEED to know the truth," Hermione told Jean closing her eyes showing she's calm.

"It's-It's really hart for me to talk about..." Jean seemed to look on into nothing.

"Look I need to know the truth. I'm so confused. I get that HE is not my dad and I don't know if you're even my mother...or is my entire existence a Lie."

"You Are My Daughter," Jean growled out more confident. "Don't forget, That!"

Hermione nodded at her mother, "Okay...please...tell me."

Jean took another sip before sighing and started telling the story she would rather forget.

"We were married for three years before you were born. We weren't planning on having children...Henry and I. We just wanted to travel and back then our business was more of a traveling dentistry. We use to just went to places, have fun, and then work when needed.  It was the best life you could imagine for me and Henry." Jean smiled at the memory of traveling with her husband.

"You know traveling from place to place, you make a lot of friends. We were even offered to stay in houses they don't use anymore. Now one of these houses was closer to France.  It was a small house, not even twelve of the houses were on the street. The houses were really isolated and back there. You had to travel a few miles just to get to other housing before the towns. You see the friend that offered this house just told us we don't even have to call him if we wanted to use it, just pick up and clean after ourselves before we leave then it will be fine.  Gave us a spare key and everything."

"I was at that house without Henry because Henry knows I HATE that dentistry meeting he goes to every year.  So I decided that I would stay at that beautiful house for the three days he was gone.  It was lovely and the rest of the people in the village were so nice, with their families. Everything was perfect. Until that night...the night before Henry was to return..."

"I-I remember I was in bed about ready to sleep...when it started...the screaming..."

"I don't know...I just remember screaming from the others in the houses...it was horrible...hearing even the children's scream. I knew whatever was happening was coming, so I barricaded myself in the room and I didn't have a real weapon, but Henry's pocketknife that was in his bedside drawer. I huddled close to the door and if it opened I would stab whatever was coming and run." Jean's lips were trembling now thinking of the fear that night.

"I don't know what happened...I just remember a light outside of the doorway and it flew open.  I tried to attack whatever was coming through the door, but I never got the chance to raise my arm before the knife just flew from my hands to the other side of the room and I was pushed into the wall. I wasn't even touched how was that possible...I looked up at that THING."

"It-it was horrible that creature...it was human-like but monstrous.  It-it had sunken red eyes, so pale like a ghost...and it seemed to not touch the floor. I was so scared...and it spoke..."

"It-it said 'well-well it seems that all the others get to have their fun with the other...you're the only one who tried to attack me in such a medieval way. Such a stupid muggle...' I remember my mind felt horrible and all I could think was my worst fears and he seemed to know them, too.  That sickly smile...and that exactly what he did my worst fear...I can't...no...won't recall what happened. I just remember begging to stop and just kill me. But once that thing thought I was completely broken he got up and left, but not before turning around and shotting a green light or whatever it was at me.  I was just so shocked I didn't move, blink, or breath. The thing smirked and left."

"I don't know how much time past that I didn't move a muscle until Henry came in running.

"JEAN?! He picked me up slowly, 'What HAPPENED THERE'S DEAD PEOPLE ON THE STREET!"

"I couldn't reply to him I was still in shock. He quickly gathered me up and our stuff quickly leaving making sure to avoid looking at what I knew was the ones that tried to run on the ground dead.  I remember that everything was more like a blur and I started crying telling Henry everything...I didn't know by then my actions that followed led to this."

"Because I was still in denial, I didn't take any actions, and because of that...about two months later I found out I had a fetus growing in me...The horror of having that things child frightened me...you have to understand Hermione...I couldn't have that thing...so Henry and I tried everything to get rid of it.  We went to so many doctors and no matter how much surgery or pills I took you wouldn't die. With no options left, I had to have you...that plan was to have you and quickly giving you to an orphanage."

"Then the day came and I had you...they gave me to you...and I couldn't do it.  I looked down at you...I didn't see a monster, just saw a baby that looked normal as it cried. I held you in my arms and I couldn't let go...I loved you..."

"You were innocient and I couldn't give you away, so I decided much to Henry's disapproval that you were mine. We left as three instead of two.  You were an easy baby and child never really don't into fits like others we heard about.  We thought everything was going to be normal, then that day happened. The first day you showed an oddity."

"Do you remember the day at the park with that one girl..."

"I remember..." Hemione said stopping her and Jean was done.

"You tried to get rid of me..." Hermione whispered out.

"You have to understand Hermione...You were still just a monstrous thing..." Jean tried, but Hermione stood up.

"I-I need some air...I'll come back...don't look for me," Hermione told Jean and quickly left again walking away from the house her mind racing.

She had some suspensions since her second year...but nothing this bad...was he born to be a monster like that...no... she refuses to be a monster like that...but her interest in the darker magic made more and more sense.

Hermione was walking on the field that led to the park, but half-way through the field she collapsed.   Now she felt like a lost little girl now completely different from everywhere.  If this truth were to come out then she would be completely alone.  

Hermione left out a hollow laugh, "Freak here, Freak there, now I can be a freak with the people who I felt I belonged, too."

"I feel...lost..."

And for once Hermione sat just a lost little girl not knowing what to do.