Year 2 - Death Day Party and Walls of Writing

The year continued like normal that it was already the day before Halloween.  Hermione was steaming from the previous defense class and Lockhart obvious inability to teach it.  He let some pixies out to terrorize the class and just fled to let the students take care of it.  Knowing the other students would leave and not help out she stood up before anyone else moved and pointed her wand up freezing all of them in midair.

Lockhart listening in through his doorway walked back in at the sound of no danger.  "Ms. Granger what a wonderful display and taking care of them all.  Ten points to Slytherin."

Hermione sneered at him and grabbed her bag marching out annoyed at the professor.  The other students were wide-eyed shocked that GRANGER was the one to walk out.  She is, after all, a star student that seemed to know everything.

She was fuming as she held onto the book she was not really reading since she was too angry to pay attention to its contents. It didn't take long for someone to find her. Potter was standing before her.

"Harry Potter in the library when no homework is due.  What a sight to behold."  After a short pause, Hermione smirked, "What do you want?"

"Well you see I kinda agreed to go to something tomorrow night during the feast and I really don't want to go alone."

"Why not ask the Weasel-be?"

"You see it's during the feast and he refused to go what-so-ever if he was to miss the feast."

"What's in it for me Potter?"

Harry paused thinking, "How about I read any book of your choice no matter how big and boring it is."

Hermione smirked, "And why would I want that?"

"Because you always want to torture someone with knowledge and I'm now going to do it willingly and not for an assignment." 

"Deal"

"Deal?"

"Yes, deal.  Shocked are you I agreed so quickly?"

"A little yes..."

"Hmm...run along Potter I'll see you tomorrow.  And tell your boy lover to go easy on the potatoes during dinner, he's going to get sick you know."

Harry grinned before turning to leave.

"Where do you think you're going, Potter!" Hermione stopped him and he turned back around.

"The book you need to get...Hogwarts A History. Go on Potter you better start reading it's a big book."

He frowned at her now before going to a shelve grabbing the book and marched out with it under his arm.  Hermione threw back her head and laughed.  After all, it's just a book not that big of a deal to pout over it.  She turned back to her book now reading it, in a better mood than before.

Quicker than Hermione predicted she was outside of the Great Hall waiting for Potter to arrive to lead to wherever they were going.  She read some stuff on death day at Hogwarts, but most of the books she read were very limited on knowledge about it.

Harry arrived and led her toward the dungeons to a large room down there.  Once they entered into the room it dropped quite a few degrees making the cold sink into her bones.  She ignored it and watched Harry as he talked to the Gryffindor house ghost, Nearly Headless Nick.

Hermione wasn't a to big fan of the ghost, she never saw reason to talk to them.  She stayed towards the edge of the wall watching and observing everything.  The really old food that was well expired and they seemed to be able to eat them by gliding through the food.  That was interesting to say in the least.

Hermione watched as Peeves said something to Myrtle, the second-floor bathroom ghost, who in returned cried and flew off loudly as everyone else watched her leave.  She sighed in boredom wanting to leave.  She looked around trying to find Harry when something caught her eye, one of the ghost was looking at her.  No, more like studying her intently. Hermione remembered that the ghost was the Grey lady the Ravenclaw ghost.  Hermione didn't know why she was being watched so closely, but then she remembered she was one of the two living people in the room.  Most likely the only people that's been to death day in hundreds of years.

She was about to go over and talk to her when Harry grabbed her drawing her attention to him.

"Yes, Potter?"

"I think it's time to leave."  Hermione nodded and they both left.

"Sorry I couldn't stand it anymore the smells and every time one of them went through me...it was horrible," Harry explained and he looked at the time on a watch he was wearing. Hermione was curious about the watch but realized that Potter had money now and most likely bought it for himself in Diagon Alley.

"We still have time, maybe we can get one of the teachers to tell us where we can get food?"

"Then you have to turn on your charm Potter cause the only Lockhart would be dumb enough to tell us where the kitchens are."

Harry frowned at the thought of talking to the defense professor but agreed and they started up the stairs to his office. When walking down the hall the floor was flooded with water.

"Myrtle must be on one of her fits again," Harry told her and before they continued on they both froze.  They heard whispers that seemed to come from all around them.  They looked at each other and looked around looking for the source of the voices.  It was coming from the walls.  They followed the voice and it stopped suddenly.  They looked up at the wall they stopped at and was shocked.

Ms. Norris, the evil cat, was hanging upside down by her tail pinned to the wall.  Written above her was 'The Chamber of Secrets has been opened.  Enemies of the heir...beware'.  They looked at each other and turned to leave when a stampede of people came from all directions blocking all exits.  

The whispers started and Malfoy spoke, "ENEMIES OF THE HEIR BEWARE...YOU'LL BE NEXT MUDBLOODS! AT LEAST MOST OF YOU!" 

Everyone was quiet now as Flitch ran up and pushed his way through the crowd.  "MOVE IT! MOVE IT!"  He looked up at his cat hanging there.  His lips trembled and turned with a mad look on his face grabbed them.  "YOU KILLED MY CAT!  I DON'T CARE WHICH ONE OF YOU DID IT!  I'LL KILL YA! I'LL KILL YA!"

The other professors entered the scene looking in shock.  The teachers argued for a bit.  Hermione blanked out a bit not paying attention still thinking of what happened.

"Your cat isn't dead, he's just petrified," Dumbledore explained.

"I DON'T CARE I WANT TO SEE SOME PUNISHMENT!" He yelled at the headmaster.

"May I just say that this may be a case of the wrong place at the wrong time," Snape said. "Now why weren't you two at the feast?"

"You see we were at the Death Day Party that Nearly Headless Nick invited me to and I brought Hermione.  We were going to go ask a professor if there was a way we could get some food when..." Hermione unnoticeably grabbed his arm keeping him from saying anything about the voice they heard, the only person who saw this was Dumbledore.  Even in the magical world hearing voices is not good.

"T-then we came upon this..." Harry finished and the Professors nodded.

"Off to bed the lot of you...now Professor Sroupt I think we are in need to make a cure," Dumbledore talked to the other professors as the students decided to start making their way back to the common rooms.  Dumbledore stopped Harry and Hermione they turned.

"Is there anything else you wish to tell me, you two?" Dumbledore smiled softly at them.

Harry didn't say anything, but Hermione smiled lightly back to him, "No Sir...Nothing."

They turned back around and walked off as Dumbledore watched them walk off.  Harry and Hermione separated no longer hungry.

She walked into the common room, ignored the other students, walked to her dorm, and collapsed into her bed.  Her mind raced...this year is slowly getting worst and worst isn't it.  She thought before sleep took over leading her into the darkness of sleep.

_______________________________________________

Wow Predictable right lol.