Year 5 - Christmas

Christmas couldn't come soon enough, yet at the same time, it could take longer for it to get there.  She was interested in seeing a new scenery since she's been stuck in the castle with DumBridge there waiting for a single wrong move from her since the other "troublemakers" were gone that left her attention onto her. But she wasn't looking forward to the high emotions that were bound to be everywhere there from the holidays to Mr. Weasley's hospitalization.  It just wasn't something she was looking forward to. 

The rest of the week for her was harsh and had to leave most of the teaching of the younger students to her peers since Umbridge has been on her case and even gave her a detention for the entire week which was unpleasant enough as just having it, but it was extra torture when she intentions were served with Filch, who wanted her to clean the all too big trophy room for two hours. 

Luckily Filch was never in the mood to stay and watch creepily the student clean and left with her wand, of course, cause a "good cleaning is always done without magic involved." Once he was gone it was the perfect opportunity to practice wandless magic and build her magically core as painfully slow that would be.

When the end of the week finally came she was almost happy until she was told by an all to informative Blaze that they really didn't do much at all in the extra classes. Overall stress got to her and she refused to sit with the bunch on the train, but on that trip is did get caught up on some much-needed sleep. 

Once the train finally reached Kings Cross she didn't know who to expect to come and get her until she saw the all too similar third-year professor waiting. She approached the man who weakly smiled at her.

"Rought night Professor Lupin," Hermione stated knowing that last night was the full moon. 

"You could say that Ms. Granger, but please call me Remus. I'm no longer your professor."

"Thank you, Remus, for coming to get me. Please tell me how everyone is?"

"Well, they are in high spirits compared to everything that happened. Mr. Weasley is still at St. Mangos since he foolishly thought muggle stitches could patch him up against a magical beast. So he's going to be in there a couple more days, but he's fine. Harry, of course, is blaming himself. Fred and George are...well Fred and George. Ginny I believe can't wait for you to get there being surrounded by males the entire time, I think she's looking forward to some female company for once since Tonks is always out on missions."

"That's good that everyone is doing okay," Hermione said as she grabbed her truck now ready to go. Lupin nodded and grabbed her arm disappearing into the air.  

They landed in the small hall entrance of Grimmwald place they ignored the yelling portrait and kept walking until they got to the kitchen.

Everyone was eating in the kitchen. Fred and George spotted her first. "GRANGERS HERE!"

"Oh thank God!" Ginny said and got up hugging her as her greeting.

"Thank God you're here." Hermione froze in the hug and just patted her back. 

"Hermione dear...sit down we have plenty of food to go around," Mrs. Weasley appeared and smacked Ron's hands from grabbing more food. 

"HEY!" Ron rubbed his hand and glared at his mother.

Hermione just sat down next to Harry and Ginny.

"You're quite Potter," Hermione whispered.

"Same could say that to you."

"I hope you're seriously not still blaming yourself." 

"No, Serius talked to me...Seriously."

Hermione smirked, "that was a sad attempt of a joke."