Year 7 - Will

Hermione opened her eyes tiredly and groaned. She sat up slowly clutching her head and looked around the room. It wasn't one she recognized. She slowly got up out of the bed and walked out of the room. Sirius was walking down the hall going to another room when he saw her.

"Hermoine you're up!"

"Where are we?"

"My cousin, Andromeda's house. Tonk's parents. We're family and family sticks together. I stayed to watch over you. Just in case of any complications. Magical core depletion is a tricky business. Anyway, you must be hungry. You've been out for two days. Harry should be back soon Mad-eye's funeral is today. It's small and just the order, but it has to do for now."

"Mad-eye died?"

Sirius frowned, "Sorry. I forgot you didn't know. There was a traitor...Mundungus. Fleed as soon as Moody fell."

Hermione sneered, "I never like him."

"Me and you both. Okay, I know this might be soon, but do you think you could talk to Harry. He's been extremely quiet after..."

Hermione nodded, "Of course."

Sirius smiled, "Thank you. Anyway, how about some food."

"That would be nice."

A few hours passed and Hermione was slowly starting to feel normal still knowing that she wouldn't be able to use magic for a few days. She was even hoping to use magic by the wedding now. 

Soon people came back and filed into the house. She greeted Tonks and Lupin happily and then thanked Andromedia and Ted for allowing them to stay. Which they replied was no problem and they have enjoyed the company.

"Where's Harry?" Hermione asked after some small talk. 

Tonks frowned, "He stayed outside. He's likely to be by the lake outback. He's been going there for the past few days now."

Hermione nodded and turned to everyone, "Excuse me..."

Everyone nodded and let her leave. 

She slowly left out the back door and walked for a bit until she saw a huge lake come into sight and finally saw Harry sitting down on the ground staring into the lake. She walked over to him silently and sat down next to him. She didn't speak, she was going to allow him to speak first.

"You're up..."

"Yes. And you're still alive."

"Yes."

The silence wasn't suffocating, but it was a sorrowful silence.

"They said you've been out of it for the last few days?"

"Yeah...I guess I have."

"Why?" She questioned now looking at him.

"I know they said not to feel guilty, it wasn't my fault...but I just can't think it's my fault you know."

Hermione sighed, "Honestly no I don't know. But I won't repeat what everyone else is telling you. Instead, I'm going to say this...This is a war, Harry. People are going to die no matter what we do. We won't be able to stop it...hell maybe it will be our fault one of these days. But just know this...even if we feel guilty we can't stop what we are doing to stop the war. I don't know if your guilt will ever go away, but I'm here even if I'm emotionally constipated as others love to tell me."

Harry smiled at her sadly and it dropped again, "Thanks. But that's not the only reason why I'm upset...I know it's childless and wrong when a PERSON passed and I'm here going to complain about my owl...It's stupid...forget about..."