Year 7 - Ascending

The cloudy night was hiding the moon, the perfect night for a meeting such as this to take place. Two dark shadows were appearing outside huge, almost victorian like black gates.

Both shadows appeared to have two men in them. Both men had their wands drawn and pointed at each other.

"Who is our ruler that rises?" one of them asks.

"Our great Dark Lord."

The two wands dropped to their sides the shadows around them gone.

"Snape..."

"Yaxley. I would recommend working on your identification questions."

The man ignored Snape's comment and said, "I heard that this meeting is going to be a treat."

"So I've heard."

"We better not keep the Dark Lord waiting any longer...unless you want to end up like the Malfoys now."

Snape nodded and the two walked through the gate which opened and they proceeded down a long path to a grand Manor. The doors opened for them as they proceed inside. Once in a huge dining hall, they took their seats around the table where Voldemort and some more of his followers were already there. Above the table, a figure hanged dangled upside down by a rope.

"Glad you could join us, Severus, Yaxley...we were just discussing our next move against Potter." Voldemort's harsh snake-like voice rang across the room. "I want to capture Potter if he will be transported to another location."

Yaxley spoke up, "My Lord, I have heard that Potter is at a muggle home and that they will try to move him on the thirtieth."

Snape interjected, "This information is wrong, My Lord, Potter is now in the care of this Godfather Sirius Black, no longer lived in that muggle house since this third year. My informant has said that while he is in the care of his Godfather, they believe it will be safer at another location and he will be moved next Saturday night."

Yaxley angry said, "I have control of some Ministry members, including one that deals with Magical Transportation, I will be able to track him if he tries to travel by any magical means. And my information comes from an irrefutable source."

Voldemort stopped Yaxley, "I know the sources you both offer and the most 'irrefutable' source we will follow will be Snapes. Yaxley I would recommend getting better control over all your members."

Suddenly a loud wailing arose from below the floor, interrupting Voldemort.

"WORMTAIL! Go quiet the prisoner."

Peter slowly nodded leaving the room quickly.

"Now on to my next set of business," Voldemort said getting up out of his chair and started slowly walking around the table. "You see, my followers, that Potter and I have this 'connection' where my wand doesn't want to properly fight against his. I'm in some need to 'borrow' a wand. How about you Malfoy..."

Voldemort stopped next to Lucius's Malfoy's chair. The three Malfoy's were toward the end of the table. Showing that their places in the inner circle were low. All the Malfoy's were pale, tired, and just weak. The three stiffened as he was approaching them.

"My-my Lord?"

"My Lord," Voldemort mocked and held out his hand, "Your wand."

Narcissa grabbed her husband's leg under the table as Lucius with shaking hands pulled out his wand handing it to him.

"I'm starting to think the Malfoy's here are uncomfortable in my presence."

Bellatrix almost jumped up at that, "NEVER MY LORD! YOUR PRESENCE IS THE GREATEST PLEASURE TO EVER BESTOW US!"

"Really then how do you explain your niece.  Hasn't she gotten married to a werewolf recently?"

"SHE IS NOT FAMILY!"

Voldemort ignored Bellatrix, "or explain the young Malfoy's failure in multiple areas or even his 'affection' to that one girl."

Everyone shut up at that as Draco looked down at the table refusing to look up. 

"That reminds me. How goes the information on that girl who always seems to be there to get in my way. Was her name, Hermione Granger." 

Draco stiffened more and his mother grabbed his hand under the table.

"Snape? Anyone?"

A ministry working death eater spoke up, "records show that the ministry was called out when she was younger for accidental magic, there were no exact details on any of the reports. Her parents seem to be muggle-born, but when we went to check on the parents...there's no trace of them at all. It's like they never even existed. Not even in the neighborhood that it was reported she lived in."

Voldemort nodded and turned to Snape, "and tell exactly how she was at Hogwarts, quickly."

"She was sorted in Slytherin quickly and even quicker outcasted by everyone. Mudblood Slytherins don't usually mix well with the others. She is smart, too smart, even when she first started. Spends most of her time in the library. Didn't really associate with anyone. Then suddenly one day there was more association with Potter and others. Still always seeming too smart and hiding too much in his mind. Naturally able to do also any type of magic...Dumbledore never truly wanted her near Potter and tried multiple times to get rid of her. Was able to charm most of the Slytherins too in her later years."

"Bellatrix also tells me of her magic. That it seemed too dark for comfort." 

Snape hesitated but nodded.

"I have to give it to that girl...she has bested some of our best, including me, and still is alive. I'm calling off that search about her for now, I will look into that myself. Now onto the real finally of tonight." Voldemort said and drew attention to the prisoner above the table. 

"This is Charity Burbage, the Hogwarts Muggle Studies teacher. She believes that Muggles are not so different from us...that breeding with them is a good thing." 

Most of the death eaters laughed, some looking sicker and sicker. Snape remained indifferent.

"Severus...Severus...please..." he remained cold.

Voldemort smirks and with the flash of green light, she died and landed on the table. Draco and Narcissa flinched. 

Voldemort looked at his followers and smirked, "everyone here must watch this..."

Switching to Parseltongue said, "Nagini...dinner."

The snake slowly slithered ontop of the table to where the body laid. It opened its jaws to Devore its new meal.