Chapter 3: mental health

Tommy sat in the front seat with the air blowing on him. He was starting to feel cramps. He tried not to make it noticable by laying his head on the window on a folded hoodie to hide his face a bit.

But sam being the observant person he was saw how tommy shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He didn't say anything yet, just so he wouldn't somehow embarrass tommy.

Tommy closed his eyes hoping his abdomen would stop hurting. He eventually got to sleep though, the soft breeze of the cold air helped him.

He slept more peacefully now that he had that security in mind. He wouldn't bleed through, he was perfectly safe with sam, and he felt a lot better. He had a small blanket over him, the hoodie was surprisingly comfortable and he had a nice cool breeze.

Ranboo was looking out the window watching passing trees. Tubbo was asleep as well with headphones on.
And sam just had the radio turned up a tiny bit to give the car some noise.
If the car trip were their hotel tommy would get great sleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
About two hours later tommy woke up. Sam knew about now tommy would probably have to change so he was already on a route to a gas station with a bathroom.

Tommy's smoothie was pretty much finished. He sat up and yawned rubbing his eyes. Ranboo shifted. "Hey sam, can we find a rest stop?' he ask.

Sam chuckled "I'm actually on a route to one right now" ranboo nodded and looked back out the window. Tommy glanced at sam and opened his satchel checking to make sure everything was there. He did that often.

They pulled into a gas station and by now everyone went in. Wilbur got some snacks and tubbo did as well.
Sadly, the gas station bathrooms were a one person bathroom so it took a while for everyone to get back to the car.

After tommy changed he got himself a small snack and got in the car again. He buckled up and sat the snack in his lap. Ranboo and tubbo got back to the car after. Tubbo hummed. "Where do you think we're going?" Tommy shrugged. "I dunno.. but we've been in the car 3 hours now" tubbo nodded "almost 4 now" ranboo corrected.

Tommy sighed "y'know, I think it would be smart If they told us where we were going" "why's that?" Tubbo ask. "Lowers anxiety levels" he said as sam got in the car. He looked at him. "Are you feeling anxious?" Tommy blinked "wha- nono I'm fine- I was just saying" he giggled.

Sam nodded and sat a bag of snacks in the back. "We still have about 2 or 3 hours until we get there" he said cranking the car. He'd just filled it with gas. Tommy huffed "this is a long trip" not that he minded though.

Sam chuckled "I know, we'll get there eventually" tommy nodded and the small voice in his head said 'what if we dont' tommy shook his head and leaned on the window. 'what if something happens and we don't make it?'

Tommy's chest felt tight. He gulped. Not now, not while everyone was in the car. Tommy sat up and unbuckled. Sam looked at him as he was about to buckle himself "what're you doing?" He ask.

Tommy opened the door and felt his breathing pick up. "I-i need to go back in for a minute-" he said shutting the door. He couldn't think of an excuse at the moment. Sam nodded slowly and kept the car in park.

Tommy went back into the bathroom and shut the door. He paced around the bathroom hyperventilating. Tears ran down his cheeks. All this from his stupid thoughts.

He gripped his hair as he paced around sobbing. He tried to keep himself quiet not wanting anyone to hear. He sat in the floor feeling like he'd pass out if he kept walking. He definitely didn't want that.

After about 10 minutes he slowly stood and held his hands out. He was shaking horribly. He didn't know how he'd explain that. He washed his face and waited for his red eyes to become normal again taking about 6 more minutes.

He let out a shakey breath and headed back to the car. He got in and buckled again. Sam looked at him. "You were in there a while" he said. Tommy shrugged and buckled. Sam glanced back at the other two boys and then looked back at tommy. "Hold your hands out"

Tommy blinked "why?" He ask. Sam gave him a stern look. Tommy hesitantly held out his hands. Shit. They still shook. He looked away from sam and put his hands down with a huff. "Tommy, we're talking about this later.." he mumbled to him.

Tommy sighed and laid his head back on the window. Thanks mental health.