Chapter 93: problems

Wilbur stared down at his pants. He didn't want to take them off. he didn't have a choice though, if he didn't how was he supposed to use the bathroom.

He shifted. If wilbur were in his regular mind set he'd suck it up,
He wouldn't be standing here on the verge of breaking, tears in his eyes trying to decide if he wanted to go or not.

But this wasn't big wilbur. This was little wilbur. And little wilbur did not want to. He didn't want to see it. He didn't want to have to have anything to do with it. Why did having it make him so upset in the first place??

He leaned back against the wall and covered his face as tears started falling, his thighs squeezed together and his whole body shaking. Little him couldn't take this.

He couldn't.

Dream got all the fluffy blankets he owned. He laid them on the air mattress and sat two pillows. Sapnap was so tempted to lay in the spot. All his instincts told him he needed a nest of blankets, he needed a nice long pillow, but sapnap had to push back those instincts for now.

After they got everything set up. They waited.

And they waited..

And they waited...

20 minutes went by. Wilbur hadn't come back. Dream shifted and got up. "Uh.. I think I'm gonna go check on him.." he said. Sapnap stood up. "I'll come with.." george huffed "well your not leaving me alone"

All three went to the bathroom. Wilbur wasn't there. But the shower had been used since there was fog and the curtain was wet. The bathroom smelled like bleach and other cleaning products.

This, was worrisome. Sapnap shifted. "Why does it smell like bleach..?" Dream shrugged. "Uh.. let's go see if we can find him.. remember don't freak out uh.. he could be here we just don't know.."

George headed downstairs without them and they went down the hall. George looked in the living room. No one was there. The kitchen, nope. He then went into a room he never had.

And wilbur was there. It was the laundry room. Wilburs hair was wet from the shower and his eyes had red under them from obvious crying earlier.

George walked up to him and gently put a hand on his shoulder. "Will..?" Wilbur shifted and looked at the ground with his arms crossed. "Wilbur what's wrong?-" "never again."

At this point dream and sapnap heard them and followed the noise. "What do you mean never again.?" "I'm never doing that again." "You mean.. your never going into little space again..?"

Dream frowned and sapnap shifted. "Why not..?" "I'm just not. It's too much. Everything becomes to much in that headspace, I'm supposed to feel better or safe and I did for a while but just now- no, no more."

George pulled him close. "What happened..? Talk to me will.." wilbur shifted and sighed. "When I'm like that I feel happy. But being a 'kid' comes with stupid things to. And I'm not explaining it. I just.. don't want to ok..?"

George hugged him and nodded. "Ok.. we won't force you.." dream came in and looked at them. Wilbur closed his eyes. He wanted to be small. But it was to much right now. He didn't know how he could handle it. So he'd just have to wait..

They headed back upstairs, sapnap going for the bathroom and wilbur sat on the bed he was supposed to sleep on tonight. Dream crawled in beside him and played with his hair.

George got in the big bed and laid down. Everyone was tired, especially wilbur and sapnap. Sap came back and flopped beside george.

Wilbur felt safe in these blankets. They were soft and warm. He closed his eyes and clung to dreams arm.

Dream smiled softly. He was glad wilbur would fall asleep before he changed back.