Chapter 85: lungs on fire

Wilbur missed them. Today marked the second day he hasn't seen them. But he really wanted to.. but he had to respect their wishes.. he needed to go to sapnaps because he needed another change of clothes though. And he kinda maybe sorta forgot his inhaler..

And all his clothes were in sapnaps room..

As he walked down the path back to his house, he felt extremely nervous. He hadn't seen him since he left two days ago. It wasn't that long but.. still. Wilbur had also been fighting off the need to switch to the safe space he'd created.

It was really hard but he refused and that just made him feel worse. He made it to the house and looked at the door. He hesitantly opened the door and looked in. Bad was in the kitchen, he didn't see skeppy or sapnap.

He walked in and shut the door. He gulped and fidgeted with his sleeves. How was he supposed to get in his room? He could feel the anxiety building. And his lungs started to burn. Shit.

He let out a quiet cough and alerted bad. Bad looked over. "Oh! Wilbur!" He ran over. "I'm so glad your ok.. where have you been?" Wilbur cleared his throat. It burned and his breathing was crackled and wheezer.

"Uh.. g-georges.." he needed to get that inhaler. "Oh.. well I'm glad your ok.." if he didn't get to that inhaler he definitely wouldn't be ok. He'd fall out in this floor and pass out.

Bad sighed softly. "Sapnaps still in his room.. I think it's best if you stayed out unless you ask.. he's going through a really.. tough thing so.." wilbur coughed again and gasp for air suddenly.

Bad jumped and looked at him. "Are- are you ok?" Wilbur nodded and held his throat. "I-i'll only be in there a few minutes I-i promise I need-" he cut himself off. If he kept talking all the air in his lungs would give out.

He turned and rushed up the stairs.
Bad idea. Now he could hardly breathe. He walked to the door and hesitated. He stood there. Tears flooded his eyes. Sapnap wouldn't appreciate him just coming in.

He needed air. He couldn't breathe anymore. He opened the door quickly earning a hiss from the one in the bed. Then sapnaps eyes widened. "Wilbur!? What are you doing you can't just barge in!" He growled.

Wilbur held his throat as the tears stayed in his eyes. He looked around quickly. He could hardly see. He flipped the lights on earning a louder hiss and a growl. "wilbur turn it back off!!"

Sapnaps instincts didn't appreciate him just coming in and acting like he owned his room. Even if they shared it..

Sapnap sat up and glared. Wilbur was about to pass out. He couldn't breathe. He felt so dizzy. He finally found the bag and grabbed his inhaler. He stared at it and quickly turned it around. He leaned against the wall and desperately tried to puff the medicine into his lungs.

He finally got the strength to breathe in and he finally gasp for air. He panted heavily and gripped his hair. Sapnap realized what was going on. Why he barged in, why he needed the lights on.

Wilbur stared at the ceiling. He wasn't going to look at sapnap because he knew he didn't want him to..

He felt dizzy despite finally getting air. He slid down the wall and looked at his inhaler that he had in his hand, his hand that he dropped onto the ground. He had no energy right now.

His throat hurt. He coughed slightly and drooped his head. Sapnap rushed out of the nest and sat in front of him. "W-will- hey are you ok please talk to me-" wilbur lifted his head but kept his eyes closed respecting that sapnap didn't want to be seen.

"Will honey please respond open your eyes-" wilbur let out a shakey breath and opened his eyes but they looked beside him at the floor. "I-im fine.." he mumbled running a hand through his hair.

Sapnap frowned. ''why didn't you have your inhaler??" Wilbur shrugged "forgot it.." he had no more energy to speak. "Hey.. let's get you on the bed ok?" Wilbur only nodded and stood up slowly. He managed to get to the bed and flopped down on the blankets.

Sapnap got in beside him. "Can you breathe ok?" Wilbur nodded and covered his face still not looking at sapnap. And sapnap noticed. Wilbur hadn't looked at him since he came in.

He refused eye contact and definitely refused to look at him in general. "Can you please look at me?" Sapnap thought he felt uncomfortable or.. something.

Wilbur shifted and shook his head.
Sapnap frowned. "Why?" Wilbur opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling. "You.. you don't want me to.." sapnap was confused. "What?? Please will look at me.."

Wilbur covered his face again as sap pulled him up close. He cupped his cheeks. "Wilbur. Look at me." Wilbur whimpered and shook his head again.

"I don't care if you look at me! I'm not naked or anything!" Wilbur whimpered. "I know but-"

Sapnap held his face close. "Please.." wilbur gulped and slowly opened his eyes blinking as he looked at sapnaps face. God how he missed it.

Sapnap kissed him gently. Oh God, he missed that to.. he instantly kissed back blushing. They pulled away.
"I'm so sorry I kicked you out.."
Wilbur shook his head. "No.. it's ok.. I understand.."

Sapnap shifted. "So.. you stayed with george..?" He nodded. "I missed you.." wilbur mumbled. "I missed you and dream.." sapnap tilted his head. "dream..?" He nodded. "I can't see him either this week.." "why.. why can't you see him..?"

Wilbur shrugged. "Hes sick.." he lied.
Sapnap sighed softly. "I can tell your-" "I know. But it's a personal thing to dream.." sapnap shifted. "oh.. alright then.."

Wilbur shifted. "Uh.. me and george found out.. something else about how I glow.." sapnap smiled softly and held him close. "Yeah? What was it baby?"
Wilbur gulped, he instantly felt his head get fuzzy.

"I-i-" he shifted. "When I cried my tears glowed white.." he mumbled. Sapnap shifted. Not the best thing to hear because it meant he'd cried.. but well, it was cool. He pet his hair. "Oh yeah? Did you find out something more?"

Wilbur shook his head. He felt himself slipping. He had to get out of his arms. He sat up and stretched. "Uh.. I was planning on visiting tommy.. I didn't yesterday.." sapnap frowned slightly. Wills company made him feel happier and calmer. "Can you come back later..?" He ask.

Wilbur looked at him. "Do you want me to..?" Sapnap nodded. "Yeah.. I really do.." wilbur nodded and picked up his inhaler. "Ok.. I will then.." he'd just have to keep himself from slipping.

He kissed sap again and then left. Now he had to go back to dreams, he knew he probably wouldn't see him but.. he really wanted to..