Chapter 77: again and again

Dream shifted "do.. do you not remember..? Do you not remember coming here?" Wilbur sighed. "I don't remember anything from today.. I know after I got sick last night I fell asleep because I got like, fuzzy in the head and then I just woke up here.. or.. something"

Dream shifted and looked at the nurse. She was taking more notes. "You don't remember anything from today?" "No, my head got fuzzy, fell asleep, I'm here now" she nodded. "What happened before your head got fuzzy?"

Wilbur shifted. "my stomach got a really horrible pain.. I got sick, then after I started feeling better I got tired" she nodded and wrote it down. "How did you feel about your surgery?" "I mean.. at first I didn't realize I was getting it, then I woke up with stitches.. but when I had the stirri had high anxiety over them opening and.. blood.."

"Do you have a phobia to blood?" He shifted. "Maybe.. but.. I didn't always absolutely hated blood like I do now.." "what made you hate blood so much now then?"

Wilbur rubbed his arm. "I had a dream.." she nodded egging him on.
"I-.. I don't know why it gets to me so bad.." "what happened in it?" Wilbur frowned. "I-... I woke up.. alone.. and I freaked out trying to find.. my friend.. he promised he'd stay with me.. so I looked around and couldn't find him.. I was already in a bad headspace so.."

She nodded and clicked her pen listening. "I didn't realize that all my movements tore my stitches.. I wound up.. bleeding out on the ground.. I-i died.. alone.. and.. h-he had to find me.. he was t-trying to save me but I was already.. g-gone.." she frowned softly. "That's horrible.. I'm sorry.."

Wilbur shifted "but it's just a dream.." "some dreams are things from our actual head spaces, things we think of often.. from hearing about what you just explained, you though about your stitches a lot, worrying about them tearing, but, you also have death on your mind as well then.."

Dreams eyes widened. "Wh-what?' wilbur said. "In your dream you could've just only feared the stitches opening, and then that was it. But you imagined dying as well. And alone at that. And it was very vivid as well, wasn't it?" He nodded slowly and shifted.

"So.. you experienced a trauma from before. Being alone, if im correct" he shifted. "Stupid kids at school.." "for how many years?" Wilbur rubbed his arm. "Since second grade.." she nodded. "Did you have many friends?" Wilbur frowned. "No.. I had none.. except this one girl in middle... But she left me.. so.. then I was just alone with the mean people.."

She nodded. "Abandonment, is what you felt?" He nodded. She hummed. "Alright.. so.. I'll look over my notes and piece everything together.. after the blood results come back which might take a few days to a week, we'll know for sure" wilbur nodded and leaned back.

Dream pet his hair. The nurse began looking over her notes and writing things she puzzled together. Wilbur sighed "so.. we're here for my stomach, right?" Dream nodded. "Mhm.." "well... At least we can figure something out.. I'd rather know than be scared it was something worse than it is"

Dream nodded again and kissed his head. "Yeah.. I'm sure your ok.. she took an ultrasound and there was nothing bad there, so she took blood, we'll see if anything comes back in your blood ok?" Wilbur nodded and yawned.

"Are you tired?" Wilbur nodded. Dream laid him down and laid with him. "Well.. you should take a nap ok?" Wilbur nodded and closed his eyes. Dream played with his hair as he fell asleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

About 30 minutes passed. Sapnap and george came back with the ice cream brownie and some actual food. He sat on the chair and looked at dream and wilbur who were asleep. He sighed softly. "I don't want his ice cream to melt.." the nurse looked over. "I have a freezer downstairs, you can put it in there" sapnap nodded. "ok"

He took out the food and handed george his and he left the room to go downstairs. All the sudden noise made wilbur stirr and dream wake up. He rubbed his eyes and sat up. "Oh, your back" he smiled. George nodded. "We got you guys actual food to" he said.

Dream carefully got up and george handed him a burger. He sat back down and ate. Sapnap came back and grabbed his food eating as well. Wilbur slept another 30 minutes.

He was slowly coming too. His eyes fluttered open. He groaned and rolled over rubbing them. He felt his stomach was tight. He felt the pain again, he felt it all over again, again.

He gripped dreams sleeve and gave him a look. Dream sat his drink down and got up "uh- I think his stomach hurts again" he said quickly. The nurse got up and rushed over "can you lay on your back for me?"

Wilbur rolled into his back only sending more pain though him. He covered his face embarassed by how much pain showed on his face, but it hurt. He cried silently as she put him back onto the ultrasound.

Still, she saw nothing. The only thing was how tense he was in his stomach. He was genuinely having horrible pain.

But nothing was there to cause it.