Chapter 80: r e p r o d u c e, no jk, questions

Wilbur wasn't sleepy anymore. It was about 5 in the afternoon, dream slept in his lap as he pet his head. He looked at the ceiling and sighed softly.

He wanted to ask about everything that happened today, but he also just wanted to cuddle this small version of dream all day and not have any worries.

He turned over and looked at him closely. He kinda looked like a marshmallow. But he probably didn't taste like one. He giggled at the thought and examined him. He was small, a little taller than his hand but his body was pretty plump as well.

He gently poked his stomach. It was squishy, and soft. His head was less squishy, but still soft. He felt like a silky soft pillow. Like a feather, it was hard to explain. He gently turned him over, careful not to wake him up.

He looked at his back. If dream didn't have a face, he would look pretty weird. He really did look like a big marshmallow now. He turned him back around and rubbed his stomach. He felt dream vibrate, resembling a purr.

He really wanted to know more about this side of dream, what he felt, what he did, how everything worked, things he didn't know. And of course there was the thought in the back of his head he definitely wouldn't ask but wonder.

He hummed and scratched his stomach making dream 'purr' louder. He giggled and sighed softly. Dream shifted and opened his beady eyes. Wilbur didn't notice as he was to zoned out in thoughts.

He moved his finger down and sighed softly. He was now more of petting his lower stomach. Dream shivered and looked up at him. Now wilbur noticed. He stopped petting his stomach and pulled his hand away.

"Uh- s-sorry did I wake you?" Dream sat up and shrugged. He didn't mind. "Dream..? Do you think you can turn back..? I wanna ask some questions.." dream saw the anxiety and a bit of what kinda looked like sadness, but wilbur usually always had a hint of sadness on his face.

He nodded and turned back. He pulled him close and pet his hair. "What's going on?" He ask softly. "What happened today..? I don't remember much.. I uh.. I don't wanna ruin the moment but I just- really want to know.."

Dream shifted. "Well.. she said you have some kind of ptsd.." wilbur looked up at him. "What? But- that's like.. impossible.. nothing compares to like- what other people get ptsd from.." dream cupped his cheeks. "hey.. other people's are different.. tommy's isn't like yours.. yours isn't like tommys.. at all actually.."

Wilbur shifted. Dream explained how it was caused, and why he forgot things. He told him about his safe space he didn't realize he made. Wilbur didn't take it well. Now he was definitely not normal. He hadn't been before but this was beyond what he thought.

Wilbur rambled about how he was now definitely weird. Everyone though he was weird now and it was embarassing. He started crying during his ramble. Dream grabbed his hands and calmed him down. He explained it was natural, it happened to plenty of people and there was nothing to be ashamed of.

But wilbur didn't believe him. All he knew now was he was weirder than ever. Acting like a child??

He was 16! Dream eventually got him calmed down. He held him close and rocked him gently. "It's ok will.. me sapnap and george will always be here for you.."

Wilbur hiccuped and wiped his face. He was in a cradling position in dreams lap. Dream held him like a baby and sighed softly. "I just want you to be comfortable.. I don't like seeing you upset.."

Wilbur wiped his eyes and sniffled. "Maybe you can make me feel happier..?" Dream looked at him. "What do you have in mind?"

Wilbur sat up in his lap instead of laying back into his arms. He looked at dreams eyes and smiled slightly.

"Can you tell me about your little blob form..? I wanted to learn more about it.." dream blinked. "That'll make you feel better..?" Wilbur nodded. Dream chuckled and grabbed a notebook and a pen. "Ok.. what do you wanna know?"

Wilbur smiled. "Well.. why're you so squishy and soft?" Dream chuckled. "That's your first question?" Wilbur huffed And rolled his eyes playfully. Dream giggled. "Well.. I guess that's just how it's made..? I'm not sure exactly why" "are you flexible?" Dream hummed. "Pretty much, I don't think I really have.. bones?"

Wilbur giggled. "That sounds weird but cool.. so you really are just a marshmallow.." dream snorted "yeah I guess" wilbur giggled. "Are you like a cat? Cause I scratch under your chin and rub your stomach and you vibrate"

Dream shook his head and giggled.
"I'm not sure.. but scratches feel good. Their relaxing, like playing with your hair or scratching your scalp lightly." Wilbur loved that. He could only imagine what dream felt.

He giggled. "That's really cute.." dream blushed and chuckled. "Yeah.. I guess.." wilbur hummed. "So.. is like.. that all to the blob?" "What do you mean?" "I mean.." he took the notebook And pen and drew the blob.

"Just a marshmallow body and a face with a permanent smile?" Dream tilted his head. "I'm not catching on"
"Like.. the back is completely blank. There's nothing else to it.. just the eyes and the face, and the small eyebrows"

"Your asking if I have more features or something?" Wilbur nodded "basically.." dream thought. "I mean.. all I know is I blush green, that's another feature.. the smile is permanent, meaning I can't really frown or anything.. and every creature has to use the bathroom right?"

Wilbur blinked "oh! Right- how exactly- I mean.. wait you don't have to answer that" he giggled. Dream snorted and laughed. "All blobs are basically the same.. I mean.. there's only a few known really.. no one just tells someone their a blob creature.. but what I do know is every blobs reproductive system is pretty much the same. Ssoooo yeah"

Wilbur nodded slowly. "Right.. I'm still confused though.. but I won't push it" dream shook his head. "No go ahead, ask" he smiled. Wilbur rubbed his arm. "I don't.. I didn't really see anything I mean- it's just confusing cause- I don't know-"

"Will," dream said. Wilbur gulped. He made everything awkward now. He was asking too personal things. Dream wanted him to stop.
"You didn't look at the underside of blob me, did you" wilburs face heated up.

"I mean- of course not-" dream giggled. "Then of course you wouldn't know.. he drew the blob and drew a line on the underside. There's your answer. I don't know why your so fixated on that though" he teased with a snort.

Wilbur covered his face. "I'm sorry! It was out of genuine curiosity!!" Dream laughed. "Its ok will! I'm just messing with you" he kissed his head and closed the note book.

"You can ask me anything and I won't find it awkward.. I know your just curious, I mean.. we all were with you.." "that's because I literally glow" dream shrugged. "Yeah but still, everyone's got curiosity"

Wilbur sighed and shrugged. "Guess so.." dream cupped his cheeks. And he had a cheeky grin. Wilbur shifted and titled his head slightly. "Wanna see?"

"drEaM!!" Wilbur shouted punching his shoulder. Dream wheezed and fell back laughing. Wilbur, red faced, laughed as well. Maybe everything would work out in the end anyway.