Chapter 14: new friend

Wilbur looked up at his brother and held his throat trying to get air in his lungs. Tommy fell in front of him and put his hands on his legs. "Will where's your inhaler?" He ask frantically.

Wilbur gasp for air and teared up. He gripped his pants and tried to form a sentence. "B-bag, t-techno-" he managed. Tommy stood up and nodded "I'll be back" he skated very quickly to techno and grabbed his shoulders "where's wilburs bag?"

Techno blinked and took off the bag. He didn't want to wear it, he said it made his back sweaty" tommy grabbed it and skated to the bathroom without a word.

He dropped at wilbur and grabbed the inhaler from the bag and handed it to him. Wilbur put it in his mouth and pressed the button breathing in deeply.

Tommy shifted. Wilbur leaned his head back as he breathed. He ran a hand through his hair. "Why didn't you go get it from him!? Wilbur you could've passed out!" Wilbur sighed softly and nodded "I know.. I wasn't thinking straight I was more focused on the fact I couldn't breathe.. I know it's dangerous but-"

Tommy hugged him close "I'm just glad your ok.." wilbur sat a moment and hugged back with a small smile. "Yeah.." tommy pulled away and looked at him. "Wilbur.." will looked at him and titled his head "yea?"

"Y'know.. um.. I know your always there for me and stuff and you try and help but-.. if you ever need to talk.. I'm.. I'm here.." wilbur looked at him. "Why-.. why're you saying this now..?"

Tommy shifted and gently took his brothers arm. "I know things are hard especially school.. I know kids at school are assholes.. please don't let them effect you.. so bad though.."

Wilbur teared up "toms- i- how- how did you know i- the kids?-" tommy smiled sadly "I've known.. I just never knew how to help.. and.. I know no one else knows.. but I've seen.. when me a phil went to pick you up from school I saw how your 'friends' teased you. Dad didn't see it but I did. I see how upset you seem when you come home.. I never said anything because I was just.. so caught up in my own problems.. but I'm here.. I'm here when others aren't.."

Wilbur seemed in disbelief. How did tommy know about these kids..? How could he tell he was upset those days? No one else seemed to realize so how could he?

"T-tommy- um.. thanks.. but- how do you know about this stuff..?" Tommy shrugged "guess I can see hurt eyes.."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tommy skated over to his friends and looked at them. Tubbo and ranboo were trying to skate better, tommy was confused why they trying so hard.. skating isn't something you can learn in one day.

They'd been here 3 hours sure but- how are they getting so good??
Determination. But for what?

He noticed they didn't notice him. He skated away with his hands behind his back. He was glad he could tell wilbur to come to him when he was having troubles. He wasn't the only person in the world.

He skated around and saw sam teaching the guy how to skate. He smiled softly. He liked seeing people happy. He skated around and stood on the opposite side from his friends.

He stood still with his hands behind his back watching his friends attempt to race. His eyes drifted over to a person around his age or a bit older, maybe 15. Their hair was fluffy and their bangs covered their eyes.

They had a long black t-shirt with a design and high socks. Long black fingerless gloves. They skated around just as gracefully as tommy had. He watched them and skated back leaning against the wall.

What was he feeling,.? Gender envy? Looks envy?.. jealousy? That he wasn't their friend.? He didn't know..
But he was fascinated with their soft skating. They looked over at him and he felt his face turn red.

He quickly turned and skated off pretending he was going to go skate and that he was just taking a rest.
He got on the wood and skated to his friends. They looked at him and smiled. "Hi tommy!" Tommy's face was still pink.

Tubbo giggled "are you blushing?" Tommy huffed and looked away crossing his arms. "No." Tubbo giggled and shrugged. The person was now looking over at tommy. Probably because they caught him staring at him. He probably seemed like a weird person now.

The lights turned off again and the disco came back on. The rainbow lights shined down and it looked so magical. Well, like a prom type lit room.

He looked at his friends and shifted. "I'm gonna go skate.." he began skating in the direction you were supposed to. Why did he want to seem more graceful now..?

He took a small breath and turned skating backwards with his hands behind his back. The person giggled and began skating.

Tommy gulped. What was this feeling? He turned back around and glided his feet across the wood and grabbed ranboos shoulders twirling around with him. Ranboo shreiked. Tommy laughed and let go skating around more freely.

The person skated towards him and we eventually beside him. He felt his cheeks heat up again. They giggled and put their hands behind their back skating backwards like he did.

Tommy looked at them and smiled awkwardly. He wasn't good with talking to other people his age except his long time friends.

They waved and did circles, tommy smiled and shrugged doing a circle with one foot. They hummed and smirked going ahead of him and lifted a leg skating on one foot. Tommy blinked. Wow, there was no way he could do that. He'd probably fall.

They spun and grabbed his hand spinning with him. He gasp and made sure he didn't fall. Why was this stranger being so.. cool with him? They acted like they were friends for a long time, and they hadn't even said a word.

They smiled at him. "Your a pretty good skater." Tommy let go of their hand and shrugged "mm I guess, I haven't been skating in a long time" they smiled at him skating backwards. "Yea, well skating backwards isn't easy, and you could spin without falling"

Tommy scoffed "yea I didn't say I was bad at skating, just that I haven't in a long time" they smiled and shrugged. "Well, your good, what's your name?" Tommy rubbed his arm as he skated with them. "Um.. I'm tommy" they smiled "haven, nice to meet you"

Tommy smiled "nice to meet you to.."
The person now known as haven giggled "are you just on vacation here?" Tommy nodded "yea, I'm on vacation with my friend's"

They hummed "ah, friends are nice" tommy nodded. They wound up talking a while, wilst skating.

They eventually needed a break and went and sat at a booth. "So tommy, where're you from?" Tommy hummed "well, it took us like 5 hours to get here, I'm from •instert place•"

"Ah, well I'm just on vacation to, actually, I'll Google how far I actually live from you" they pulled out their phone. Their phone case was a black bunny skull and had a chain hanging from it.

They smiled "we live about 3 hours apart" tommy nodded and drank his water "ah, that's not to bad I guess" they smiled. "Hey, can I have your phone number? Wanna be friends?"

Tommy almost choked on his water. They wanted to be friends with him..?
He nodded and gave them his number. They texted a small
(⊙_◎)

He snorted and covered his mouth "what the hell is that??' they snickered "I dunno, a face?"

Tommy laughed.

He made a new friend.