Chapter 102: past and present

//use of dead name for past//

That day hadn't started well either.
The eight year old felt off. When tommy put on the bathing suit he felt a sudden kind of insecurity. But being eight years old he quickly forgot about it when they got to the water.

Now, he was under water. He couldn't see, he couldn't breathe, he felt suffocated. The heavy water all around his body and his face was terrifying.
Ranboo and tubbo didn't even realize he was under.

They noticed his smaller splashes went away though. Tommy couldn't swim. No one ever taught him. He kicked and desperately moved his arms trying to come up. He'd only been under about 6 seconds now but he was freaking out.

Ranboo looked around. "Tara..?" He ask looking around. Tubbo tilted his head and then blinked. "oh crap she went under!" He looked around trying to look for tommy.

"Sam!" Ranboo yelled frantic. Sam looked over and saw the two looking very worried, and tommy wasn't there.
He quickly ran in the water and looked around spotting the child underwater.

Now he's been under for about 13 seconds. Not to long but still scary.
Sam grabbed him and pulled him up holding him to his chest. He ran to the shore and laid him on the towel.

Tommy had swollowed a bunch of water. Sam checked his breathing, he was breathing. Tommy coughed and held his stomach. Sam slowly sat him up and he vomited up the water.

He coughed again after and rubbed his eyes. His throat hurt. "Hey tar, can you breathe?" He ask softly. Tommy nodded and sniffled. Tommy was terrified. Usually he made himself be a big person, he was brave and never cried. Usually. Hardly.

But that was terrifying, and he couldn't help but bawl his eyes out. He clung to sam and cried. Tubbo and ranboo were worried, but after he got calmed down, the two comforted him.

Tommy was wrapped in a towel, he refused to go back in the water. Phil came back with ice cream and tommy's mood changed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tommy chuckled. Yeah, that was pretty scary. If he'd just been a little older he'd know how to swim. He learned how to swim a little while after he finally started to get back in the water.

They'd gotten a pool and that's where he spent most of the time in the water. It took a long time for him to go back to the pond to swim again.

So they'd definitely had good and bad times here. He walked away from the dock and went down the trail back to the sidewalk. He sighed softly and closed his eyes. Fresh air was great.

Being outside reminded him of when he was that adventurous little kid who got into trouble and got hurt but picked himself back up and kept going..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Tommy ran down the sidewalk laughing as his friend chased him. Though tommy had short legs, he was pretty fast. Ranboo had tall legs and was pretty fast, but had less stamina than the younger.

He giggled and stopped looking at the panting boy holding onto the light pole. Tommy snickered. "Give up?"
Ranboo huffed "of course not" he sprinted after him. Tommy laughed and ran down the sidewalk quickly.

His foot hit a rock and he fell face first onto the concrete. He laid there processing what just happened and the pain slowly settled in. Ranboo ran up to him and crouched "are you ok?"

Tommy sat up and wiped his nose looking at his hand. His chin was scratched, and his knees, and his nose was bleeding. He wiped his eyes that stung with tears.

He stood up and brushed himself off.
"Tara your bleeding-" tommy huffed. His chin, knees hands and chin bled a little, especially his nose. But he wasn't going to just stop the fun because of some scratches.

He wiped his nose with his sleeve and looked at him. "Mhm.." he looked around and picked a flower handing it to ranboo. Ranboo always had facinations with flowers and loved them. "Aww thank-"

Tommy snickered and ran off "you can't catch me!" He shouted. Ranboo blinked and put the flower in his pocket. He began chasing tommy again.

Neither were big on giving up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tommy smiled softly. His friends did help him though a lot actually.. throughout his whole life they were there. He only really shut them out after that incident with.. the man.

He shivered and huffed. He looked at the sky again and smiled slightly.
Most of his mind Right now was on how amazing his friends were.. if he didn't shut them out so much they'd still be as good a help as they used to be..

He made it to tubbos house and looked at the door. Here goes nothing..