Chapter 115: friend...

Wilbur held dream close as they watched the show on the tv. Wilbur tommy and dream decided to go back to dream around 2. Wilbur kissed sapnap bye and left with the two still holding dream.

Dream was more comfortable with his blob self. He was always cautious but at the moment he felt content. After a bit of walking they went inside. Foolish wasn't in the living room, he was in his room. Puffy was talking to someone in the kitchen.

Wilbur poked his head in and saw three adults standing. One was puffy. He recognized the other two of course. Sam and ponk were visiting.
Dream chirped and puffy looked over.

"Hi baby, welcome home wilbur" she chuckled. Wilbur waved as Sam and ponks attention was turned to them. Dream hopped down and ran to his mom. She pat his head and leaned on the counter.

Wilbur smiled at them and turned quickly going upstairs. Dream stayed a little longer then headed upstairs with wilbur.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few days passed. Wilbur often stayed with sapnap or dream. He didn't really go to george's but he did see george through the few days.

Everything had been going good relationship wise. Dream was protective but a cuddler, sapnap was an extremely overprotective person and would always hug one of them to calm them, george was small but feisty, and wilbur always tried to calm everyone down with hugs and kisses.

Sapnap and wilbur were going to the park to hang out with one of sapnaps friends. It was around 5 pm so the sun was slowly setting. Wilbur didn't question what friend it could be and thought having a friend would be nice. Until he saw who it was.

Karl. The same person wilbur had previously been jealous of. Karl greeted them with a happy cheerful wave and a hi. Wilbur shifted and awkwardly waved back.

He didn't mind sapnap hanging out with him now, but he still felt awkward. He liked Karl, but there was something about him..

He was nice. That's what it was. He was so nice it was confusing. How could anyone be as cheerful and nice as Karl?

Sapnap held wilburs hand and walked with Karl down the park trail. The two talked and wilbur just awkwardly looked at the ground. Karl looked at him and smiled softly. "Do you guys wanna go get ice cream?" He ask.

Wilbur looked up. Sapnap shrugged. "Sure" Karl looked at wilbur. He was trying to include him so he didn't feel as awkward and possibly upset. Wilbur shifted. He wasn't used to another teen he didn't know to be so nice to him. He just nodded and gripped sapnaps sleeve.

Karl nodded and happily skipped taking them to an ice cream stand.
Karl got chocolate, sapnap got mint chocolate chip and wilbur got plain vanilla.

They sat under an umbrella and ate their ice cream. Karl hummed to himself. Sapnap looked at the sky and smiled. "It's pretty today" Karl nodded. "Yeah, even on rainy days you can see how different it is, and it's still pretty" sapnap looked at him.

Karl had such a positive outlook on life. Sapnap nodded. "Yeah.. your right.." wilbur shifted as the two talked. He felt.. off. Like he didn't belong in their conversation. Like he shouldn't have come with, they were friends. Not wilbur.

He was realizing this felt like school.

School.

The place he sat in the cafeteria at a table and watched everyone else talk and laugh. He wasn't included. He sat his small bowl of ice cream down and hugged his knees.

Sapnap stretched. "Imma go to the bathroom, brb" he said getting up and walked off. Wilbur shifted awkwardly and stared at the ground.

Karl looked at him. "Hey.. are you ok?" Wilbur gripped his shirt. "Yeah, I'm ok" he said giving a smile. Karl scooted to him and wrapped an arm around him pulling him into his chest. Wilbur was surprised.

"What-" Karl shook his head and sighed softly. "Do you feel upset?" He ask. Wilbur gulped. "I-..." "I'll take that as a yes.. what's got you so sad?" He ask.

"How do you even know I'm sad? I said I'm fine" "..well.. your eyes" he said. "Your eyes make you look sad. You look like that a lot" wilbur huffed and hugged his knees again. Karl rubbed his back. "So.. tell me.. what's going on?"

Wilbur didn't know what to say. The only reason he was sad right now was because he felt like he wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't supposed to be with the two. Karl was sapnaps friend not his.

He didn't have friends. He did have three amazing boyfriend's but no friend's. That's how it had always been.. no friend's.

Karl took his hands. "I'll be your friend.." wilbur jumped. "Wh-what?-" he didn't say that out loud?? Did he?? He didn't think so. Karl looked at him. "If you want a friend.. I'll be your friend.." wilbur gulped.

"I.. you.." he pulled away and looked at the ground. Could he trust him? Could he have a fourth person he could trust? He didn't even have anyone before sapnap George and dream.. trusting them took time.

They'd been together so long he didn't really have a reason to not trust them. They'd all had plenty of bonding times. Karl, he didn't even really know him.

Karl smiled softly. "It's ok if you don't trust me. I understand. But I'd like to be your friend" he smiled. Wilbur looked up at him. He was surprisingly tall. He shifted and saw the genuine sincerity in his eyes.

"..fine.. you.. we can be friends.." he mumbled. Karl hugged him tightly. "I'm glad!!" He laughed. Wilbur had.. a friend.

Not a boyfriend or a brother, or a family member. A real friend.

Tears rushed to his eyes, he was always sensitive. He hugged Karl back finally. It was odd how easily wilbur could trust despite being betrayed so many times. Karl giggled and hugged back rubbing his back.

Sapnap came back and looked at the two. He chuckled. "I'm glad you two are getting along" wilbur pulled away and smiled. He felt happy again..

. ..