Chapter 81: abandoned

"well, do you?"

....

That wasn't the question wilbur was expecting. He knew dream was just fucking with him.. right..? Wilbur blushed and rolled his eyes playfully punching his arm. "Shut uup" he giggled.

Dream laughed and rolled his eyes. "I kinda just wanna know more.. like.. stuff you'll Tell me if your comfortable with it.." dream smiled softly and hummed leaning back. Wilbur laid with him laying his head on his shoulder. "Well.."

Dream began. "Sometimes I just go into that form when I'm stressed..
I guess it's sorta comforting especially having someone with me" he smiled. Wilbur giggled and nodded. "And.. I'm pretty affectionate. I search for things to be with to cuddle and stuff, it's just an instinct"

Wilbur nodded and pulled his knees to his chest smiling. "Sometimes it's difficult to get around, especially the stairs. I have to hop up them. It's tiring" wilbur giggled "cause your so small" dream nodded.

"Uh.. I really like sweets, sometimes I can't really control myself with things I do and the sounds I make. Since I can't talk I express emotion through sounds" wilbur nodded. "Ah, makes sense"

Dream nodded. "And uh.." he rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't want to make things sound awkward and stuff, but.. I guess I should tell you this, just- don't tell anyone else ok?" Wilbur nodded. "Of course.." dream sighed softly and laid back again.

"I'll turn into a blob for like.. a week.. I can turn back normal for a while but not too long. Aaaand that'll happen soon.." wilbur nodded "oh, why?" He ask scooting beside him. Dream sighed. "It's just something that happens, especially if you suppress being in that form for a long time as I do, it makes that week more.. difficult"

Wilbur kissed his cheek. "Will being in that form more often make it less difficult?" Dream shifted "yeah but.. I really don't want you guys here during that week.. it's.. really something I keep private" wilbur shifted and nodded. "Oh- uh.. alright"

Dream felt bad. He didn't like being alone. He didn't want to be alone. But he liked his privacy and he didn't want them to see him like that. And this would be the first time this would happen since they were all together.

"Uh.. well, I think I should go, y'know, I haven't been home in a while-" dream nodded "yeah- ok" wilbur got up and grabbed his things. "Uh.. love you" he kissed his cheek and left.

Dream sat on his bed. He didn't want him to leave. But he didn't want him to be there to see him like that. Well, it was nice while it lasted..

Wilbur said bye to his brother and left. He let out a sigh as he walked down the sidewalk. Geez.. he didn't mean to leave so suddenly. He just felt a little upset he wouldn't be able to see dream for a whole week. He'd grown really close to him..

But at least he could spend more time with sapnap now..... Right..? Wrong.

Wilbur went inside and sighed softly. He blinked as he saw a light in the corner of his eye. He looked but nothing was there. He blinked and shook his head going upstairs but the glow was.. still there. Wait, it was coming off him. Right.

He went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. His neck glowed where the permanent places were. But only the orange one. He blinked. That was sapnaps color.. why was it the only one glowing?

He sighed and went to the room. The door was shut. It was never shut if he wasn't home. He cracked it open. "Uh.. can I come in?" He heard shuffling and then silence. He shifted. "Uhh- yeah-" he finally opened the door and looked at sapnap.

He was in a large pile of blankets on his bed. He wore a huge t-shirt. His hair was a mess. He shifted and looked at wilbur. "Hey will.." wilbur sat his things down. "Hhhey.. what's going on?" He ask.

He then noticed sapnap was in his half demon form. His horns, tail and wings were out. But he looked a mess. "Uh.. hey will..?" Wilbur looked at him. "Yeah..?" "Do you mind.. sleeping in the guest bedroom..?"

Wilburs heart shattered. Why? Were they.. getting tired of him..? Is that why they didn't want him there? He knew in the back of his head dream only didn't want him there because he was uncomfortable with people seeing him that week.

But another part said they didn't want him anymore. And, another part was worried. Was sapnap sick? Is that why he seemed so.. out of order?

"Are you.. feeling ok..?" He ask. Sapnap shifted. "I'm fine.. but- can you please leave..?" Sapnap didn't mean to sound so mean. Wilbur grabbed his things "sure.." he left the room shutting the door behind him.

He was looking forward to get to spend time with sapnap.. now he was told to leave..?

He went to the guest room and opened the door. It was a decent room.. but it wasn't the same. He got dressed in his night clothes and sat on the bed. He shifted as so many thoughts flooded his mind.

He turned off the light and laid. He felt so.. empty. No one was there to hug him from behind, he wasn't sandwiched between two people with another comforting body one person away from him. No one was there. The bed was empty.

He teared up and grabbed a pillow placing it behind him. He placed another in front of him and he gave a weak smile.

It wasn't the same.

He wiped his eyes and sniffled...

The room lit up with the marks on his neck. He teared up and.. covered them...

He sobbed silently into the pillow in front of him.

He was alone.

Abandoned.

All over again.