Chapter 17: the family trauma

//tw: self harm (old scars) and blood//

Sam had managed to get in the bathroom with wibur. He sat in the floor and when he was ready he hugged him close while he sobbed.

"I-i hurt him- h-he hates me now I-i-" sam shushed him and pet his head. They were just teens.. wilbur didn't seem to have any self worth.. and he was just 16.. what had this kid gone through..?

He noticed wilbur gripping his pants tightly. Then he noticed blood. He looked down and then at wilbur. "Will- I-" he got up and grabbed a wash cloth and wet it sitting back at the 16 year old.

"Will, your bleeding" he said. Wilbur whimpered and looked down. His heart stopped. "I-i- shit i-" "we need to take care of it will.." wilbur whimpered. No one knew about these scars but him. He was 3 months clean but his scratching and or squeezing of his pants must've re opened a scar.

He whimpered and scooted away. "Hey will don't be scared.. I don't judge.." he said softly. "We need to clean it and stop it bleeding ok..?"
Wilbur frowned. He didn't want anyone to see. But whatever, it didn't matter now. His discomfort from his scars were not as bad as tommy's discomfort from telling his friend's about that night.

He agreed and sam tugged his pants off. He lifted his boxers just a bit to press the cloth onto the bleeding wound. Wilbur winced and leaned back against the wall hiding his face.

Sam noticed the multiple scars but said nothing. He wiped the blood away and looked around. "I'm gonna go get some bandages ok..? Just sit here and keep the cloth on it" he walked out

Wilbur didn't say anything. He just stared at the ceiling. He closed his eyes. This feeling.. the feeling from 3 months ago came back. But this time he really did deserve it.

Wilburs mental health wasn't great either, but he had to keep pushing for his brother, but now that he probably hated him.. what was he supposed to do..?

Sam came back and sat in front of him washing away more blood. At this point tommy, tubbo, ranboo and ponk came back. Ponk found them on their way back.

Tommy rubbed his arm. It did.. feel better talking to his friends but.. he should've been the one to tell them.. not wilbur.

He hesitantly walked down the hall to his room. He looked at the hallway bathroom and stared. Wilbur was on the ground with his hands covering his face as he was presumably crying, sam bandaging his thigh.. he saw the old scars.

Sam noticed him and scooted his leg out shutting the door. It was for wilburs privacy. Tommy shifted and went to his room. He didn't know exactly how to feel.. yes, will did something bad.. but he didn't deserve bad things..

There were plenty of times wilbur was a grave help... He was there and always was super overprotective of him. It would take a while to forgive him but he still worried about him..

Sam bandaged his leg and helped him up. Wilbur thanked him with a quiet voice and walked out. He went to his room and laid down.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was their last day to be at the beach. They were to go swimming at the water park. Tommy hadn't talked to wilbur since that night. Not that he was still.. mad, he just didn't want to talk to him, he was slowly getting over it, ranboo and tubbo seemed completely normal around him so.. it didn't really feel any different.

Tommy had about 2 panic attacks since it happened.. but he had gotten better the last two days. He was learning to cope with it and went to sam or his friends when it happened. He found that as a better alternative than staying locked by himself and not being able to breathe. He felt more safe with other people.

Wilbur on the other hand had locked himself away from human contact and didn't talk much. It took them forever to convince him to come with them to the water park.

He sat on a chair under an umbrella for the time being. They had gotten here about 20 minutes and he hadn't really done anything. Techno just sat in the water with his phone with a water protective bag case over it.

Wilbur looked around and saw some teens looking his age. He shifted in his seat. He didn't like teens. Not his age. They always bullied him until there was nothing left.

He hid in his hoodie and hugged his knees. He suddenly felt insecure again. He shrunk into a ball and looked at the ground. The three males looked like they were running around, the blonde wore a white t-shirt and a water proof mask, the brown haired wore blue swim trunks and the raven haired wore red.

He gulped and averted his eyes from any possible eye contact. He was staring to get hot through. He needed something to drink. He got up and went to the vending machine buying a water. He began walking to his seat when he was pulled to a corner and stood in front of someone like they were shielding themselves from someone.

He froze as he realized who was behind him. The blonde boy from earlier. He gulped. He couldn't do this today. Not now. "Hey-" "shh" the boy said "you'll get me caught" he hid more.

The two males from earlier walked by. He sighed in relief. "Thanks for hiding me" wilbur turned around to face him

"Names dream" he held out his hand