Chapter 18: lies

Wilbur hesitated. He didn't shake his hand but he looked down "wilbur.. my name's wilbur.." dream smiled "I like your accent" wilbur shifted "thanks.?"

Why was this guy his age complimenting him..? Dream saw how hesitant he was. "Wanna meet my friends?" Wilbur shrugged "sure..''

He hesitantly followed dream across the water park. The boy with the raven hair and the white.. ribbon things around his head spotted him "dreeeam!!" He ran up to him and tackled him. "I got you!"

Dream rolled his eyes "yeah yeah, the only reason is because I willingly came to you" the one in blue swim shorts and clout goggles on his head giggled. "You never come willingly to us" dream shrugged. "Wanted you to meet someone"

All the attention was brought to wilbur. He felt awkward and uneasy. He shifted and fidgeted with his sleeve. "Oh, hi, I'm sapnap" the short one said. He shifted "um- hi.." he still didn't shake anyone's hand.

Sapnap looked at dream. Dream nodded and shrugged. "And I'm george" he smiled. Wilbur shifted "um.. nice to meet you.. im wilbur.."

Sapnap hummed "did you just get here or are you going home soon?" "You mean the beach in general or the water park..?" Sapnap giggled "the beach" "oh.. we leave tomorrow.." he rubbed his arm.

Dream nodded "ah, same, we've been here a week" wilbur nodded "me to.." dream pat his back "hey, let's get in the water" wilbur gulped. He shifted and nodded slowly.

He went to his chair and took off the hoodie. He looked at his chest and gulped. He turned around with his arms behind his back "uh.. ok.." dream smiled at him, you could still tell from his mask, and ran off with his friends as wilbur followed behind.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tommy wore a t-shirt with his water binder and swimming shorts. He was definitely excited but he definitely wasn't going on the larger slides or anything. He ranboo and tubbo got on the same tube to go through the lazy river, even though they we're not supposed to. They did it anyways.

He also noticed something else about ranboo. His two different skin colors were in a squiggly line going down from his head to his feet. It looked really cool. Even though ranboo was self conscious about it tommy always made sure to compliment him or help him forget about it.

They went on multiple slides, tommy eventually went on a bigger one and it was actually really fun. They definitely caused mischief around here to. They stole snacks from the vending machine /somehow/ and managed to run away from security when they were caught doing something else they weren't supposed to.

Tommy definitely almost had a heart attack but it was really funny. They tried the zipline, ranboo almost didn't let go to land in the water and tubbo belly flopped.

They went back to their chairs for a break. He noticed wilbur was gone. And that was odd because he figured he wouldn't leave considering he hasn't really came out of his room, and he wore a hoodie to a water park.

But his hoodie was laying on his chair. So he must have gotten in the water. Hopefully wilbur was having fun..

Wilbur was not.

After something that happened wilbur had ran off and locked himself in a bathroom. He was sobbing and gripping his hair as everything flooded back to him.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Dream gasp as he looked at a huge water ride. "Let's do that one!" He pointed excitedly. Wilburs eyes widened. He rubbed his arm and fidgeted nervously. "Uh.. are.. are you sure..?"

Dream nodded and grabbed his hand pulling him up the stairs. Wilbur didn't want to do this. He didn't want to do this ride. Sapnap didn't look to thrilled either. George huffed "this is high" dream scoffed

"Don't be pussys, we have to do it" that sentence broke him. He remembered how he was peer pressured by a group of kids. He remembered how if he didn't do something they called him a wuss. He frowned and stepped back.

Dream looked over "c'mon, tell me at least you'll do it" wilbur didn't want to disappoint. He didn't want to be peer pressured anymore. He got so confused and scared he backed up and felt tears in his eyes.

Dream stopped and looked at him. "Hey- if.. if you don't wanna it's fine-" he noticed the genuine terror on his face. Not from the slide, but from what he said. He turned and ran off. "Wait wilbur!-"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
So now wilbur sat in a water park bathroom floor sobbing to himself. This was supposed to be fun, sam told him, he promised it would be.

He lied.