Chapter 116: they're back..

The rest of the night Karl sapnap and wilbur hung out as three friends. Wilbur didn't feel unencluded now. He felt happy. He got to know Karl more but was still hesitant.

Sapnap and wilbur parted ways, wilbur was going to visit dream and tommy at dreams house. He hummed and walked down the sidewalk mainly looking at the ground.

He heard voices from upcoming people. He kept his eyes to the ground and tried not to make himself known as he approached the people.

"Wilbur?"

No. It couldn't be..

Of course out of all the times he was alone. He didn't respond and gripped his shirt staring at the ground. He felt his arm being grabbed. His eyes widened as flashbacks ran through his mind.

Being grabbed and slammed into walls, kicked, punched, spit on, hurt.
He looked at the person though he already knew who it was. The guy and his goons. Just two of them though.

Wilbur Yanked his arm away and shook. "Leave me alone" he said moving backwards. He was panicking. He never thought he'd have to deal with this again.

His breathing picked up as they moved closer. Wilbur flinched as he was grabbed by his shirt collar. "Ohh it's been so long wilbur, why don't we catch up buddy?"

"I am not your buddy and I never was' he growled. The guy grabbed him by his hair this time and gave a square punch in the nose. Wilbur cried out and held his nose.

He was dropped on the concrete. The guy laughed. "Looks like you forgot, you can't talk to me like that" wilbur sobbed. It definitely all came back to him. Everything it was repeating itself and he was alone again no one was here to help him he was alone they said they'd always be there for him they promised they'd protect him-

A few moments passed and he realized no one kicked him. He moved his hand from his bloody nose and looked up. The three guys were on the ground, bloody.

His eyes widened. What-

He looked at his blood covered hands and felt a large hand on his shoulder. "Wilbur oh my God are you ok?'

Wilbur recognized that voice. Karl..?
He looked up at the boy hovering over him. "I-i-" he didn't realize he'd been crying and basically hyperventilating.

Karl held his hands getting his own bloody. "hey can you breathe?" He ask softly. Wilbur nodded shakily. Karl nodded and pat his head. "Ok.. um..'

He heard him talking as he turned away from him. He then realized. Sapnap was there. His hands, now black claws, were bloody. Did he do that to them..?

As soon as he realized sapnap was there his shock slowly melted away as his safe space immediately took over. Of course it did, out of all times it definitely would now. He just re-lived through the same bullies hurting him.

Karl pat sapnaps shoulder, sapnaps eyes were full of rage. He saw wilbur staring up at him with his soft but shocked eyes. Wilbur was in his safe space but couldn't move, couldn't talk and couldn't cry.

Sapnaps rage was taken over by worry and pity. He dropped to wilbur and held him close. "I'm so sorry we weren't here fast enough.." wilburs arms shakily held sapnap.

Sapnap picked him up bridal style and looked at karl nodding. Wilbur clung to sapnap. Blood still dripped down his nose off of his chin. Sapnap walked down the sidewalk carrying him.

Wilbur slumped against him and stared off somewhere. Karl followed them to dreams. Sapnap opened the door not caring about his own demon features showing. He was still pretty much in a hostile state as well.

Dream couldn't smell it from his room causing him to open his door and looked around frantically. He carried him to the upstairs bathroom walking past dream, Karl still following behind.

Dream blinked. "Wha- sapnap??" He shifted and looked at them. Sapnap sat wilbur on the counter in the bathroom and grabbed a cloth wetting it.

Dream came in and looked at them. Both of his boyfriend's covered in blood and Karls hands had blood.
"What the hell happened??" He ask.
Sapnap sighed and his claws went away as he gently cleaned the blood off of the -still -in -shock- face of wilbur.

"Those guys who bullied him his whole life found him on the sidewalk and got him when we weren't there. Me and Karl beat them up" Karl beat them up to..?

But Karl didn't seem like the kind of person to do that and he didn't have blood on his hands like sapnap did..

Karl sat beside wilbur and rubbed his back. Sapnap got the blood off and washed the cloth and washed his own hands. Karl washed his and sighed.

"Is he.. ok..?" Dream ask. "He's still a little out of it right now." Sapnap Said picking him up. He went to dreams room and sat him on the bed. Dream nodded slowly. "Ok.. do I need to get something or do something?"

Sapnap shrugged. "Water would be nice" he said. Karl brushed wilburs hair out of his face and sat beside him. Dream rushed downstairs to get the water. Sapnap sighed softly. "Thank you Karl.."

Karl nodded. "Yeah of course.."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As wilbur walked away from the two, Karl had a very bad feeling. He got these feelings but sometimes they were nothing. He walked down the sidewalk with sapnap. As they continued to walk away the feeling grew stronger and he knew something bad was going to happen.

Specifically to wilbur. When they departed he seriously felt bad. He looked at sapnap. "Sapnap something's wrong, we need to go to wilbur" he said.

Sapnap knew Karls speculations and feelings meant something. So when he heard it was wilbur he bolted down the sidewalk. But they were too late. Wilbur was on the ground holding his bloody nose sobbing.

Sapnap felt his hostile instincts immediately come out. He ran over and punched the guy who hurt wilbur and slammed him onto the ground.

Karl saw wilbur and looked at the other two. He ran over and punched one guy in the eye and bent his knee making him fall on his face.

That's when he ran to wilbur and began to talk to him.

........................................................................

Karl wasn't going to let his new friend down. He wouldn't let him get hurt.