Chapter 6: genuine happiness

Sam walked in as tommy walked out with a disappointed face. Wilbur rubbed his arm and looked down. "I-i was just.. worried.." he mumbled. Sam frowned and rubbed his back "give him time.. ya can't keep bringing it up.. I know your just trying to help but do you know how he probably feels having to think about it all the time..?"

Wilbur rubbed his arm and shifted. "I.. I didn't mean to.." sam ruffled his hair and sighed softly. "It's ok.. try and make this week as good as possible ok?' wilbur nodded. Sam walked out and headed to tommy's room.

Tommy sat on his bed eating the poptart slowly. He was on his phone and he looked.. sad.

Sam sighed softly and walked in. Tommy didn't acknowledge him. Sam stood in front of him "morning" he said sitting beside him. Tommy shifted "morning.." he mumbled.

Sam hummed "we're going out today, you should probably get dressed in a bit" he smiled. Tommy nodded and continued eating the poptart. Sam sighed softly and stood going downstairs. Phil and sam had a lot planned for everyone this week.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Everyone had gotten dressed and ready. They headed to the living room to find out what they were doing. Sam cleared his throat and smiled "we're going to go to a theme park, it's like a carnival, you know what a carnival is right?" He ask with a chuckle.

They all nodded. "Alright, we're going to be out all day so make sure you bring things you need. Wilbur you have your inhaler right?" Wilbur nodded and pat his pocket.

"Alright, ranboo tubbo and tommy in my car, techno and wilbur with phil" they all headed to the cars and got in. Tommy was definitely nervous.

He didn't know exactly how to feel about going. He tried to calm his nerves though. Maybe it would actually be really fun..

They arrived and there were so many rides. Small, big, a Ferris wheel, go karts, carnival games and a haunted house. Tommy stared at everything with sparkling eyes.

He realized soon of his many people there were. He scooted closer to sam and held his arm. Sam looked at him and smiled softly. "Alright, everyone stay together, techno your in charge of ranboo wilbur your in charge of tubbo, ranboo and tubbo your in charge of wilbur and techno"

Techno blinked "heh?? I can look out for myself" sam sighed "yeah yeah, me and phil will be looking for you guys, be back at the car at 5 ok?'

They all agreed. "Tommy, do you wanna go with tubbo and ranboo?" Tommy looked at the two and hesitantly nodded. He walked away and stayed close to them.

Tubbo gasp "ooh lets go on that ride!" It was a very high rollar coaster. Neither ranboo or tommy looked like they wanted to go on it. "how about.. something else." Ranboo suggested. Tubbo laughed and grabbed him pulling him in line. "Oh- oh God-"

Tommy gulped. He was not going on that ride. He didn't want to be alone but he didn't want to go on that ride. Tubbo giggled excitedly.

Tommy stepped away and rubbed his arm. Tubbo looked at him "you aren't going?" Tommy shook his head "um.. no thanks.." tubbo huffed and rolled his eyes "fine, suit yourself" he and ranboo got on.

Ranboo still didn't want to but he couldn't do anything about it now. Tommy stood to the side watching them take off on the rollar coaster.

His stomach churned. He definitely didn't want to do that. After they got off the ran to another ride. In which tommy refused that one to. He was not going on these rides.

They eventually stopped for drinks. They sat at a bench and tommy just held his water in his hand. "I was thinking about that big swing ride, let's go do it!" Tubbo cheered.

Tommy looked over at it. It was huge. It took you up and they spun around. You dangled on a swing like chair of course you were locked in securely but tommy did not want to go on it.

"No way" tommy said. "Oh come on! You have to do something! It'll be fun!" He stood. Tommy huffed. "It'll be terrifying" "that's the fun of it! Pleeeease?"

Tommy shifted. He had a very long mental argument with himself before hesitantly agreeing despite how much he didn't want to do it. They made their way in line and tommy played with his hair as his breathing picked up.

Ranboo and tommy shared a seat while tubbo was on his own. Tubbo definitely was a dare devil. They got buckled in and the ride slowly rose. Tommy's heart sped up. It was so high.

The ride made it to the highest point. Tommy felt his lungs feel like they were closing up. To high. Too far from safety. He wanted sam. He wanted off immediately but it slowly began turning. Tommy wanted off. He didn't want to be on here.

He felt tears sting in his eyes as he started hyperventilating. Ranboo heard his breathing and he looked at him. "tommy?-" tommy felt it move and he gripped ranboos arm tightly.

Ranboo shifted to wrap an arm around tommy "hey tommy it's ok- we're fine-" tommy had his eyes squeezed shut. Tears fell out of them when he opened them to blink them out.

He sobbed and hid his face in ranboos shoulder. He couldn't do this, why did he agree? Why did he even come here in the first place? He hiccuped and sobbed clinging to ranboos arm.

"Tommy breathe.. c'mon buddy.." he  rubbed his back "breathe with me.." he took deep breaths through the nose and let them out through the mouth. Tommy followed his breathing until he realized he'd calmed down.

He looked at ranboo and wiped his eyes. "Toms.. look how beautiful everything is.." he hesitantly looked down at everything. The sun was setting so everything had a glow to it. The lights were beautiful. So many purples and blues. Yellows to..

His once terrified face softened into an amazed look. He couldn't take his eyes off of anything. It was calming..

The ride slowly lowered and they got off. Tubbo giggled happily "that was fun!" Tommy wiped his face and nodded. "Yea.. that was cool.."

Tubbo ran off to another ride. Ranboo smiled and grabbed tommy's hand taking him off somewhere else "hey- sam told us to stay together-" ranboo nodded "yea.. but if you liked the view.. let's go get a better one"

They made it to a Ferris wheel. They gave their last tickets and got in the small cart and slowly went up. Tommy could see everything from here. Kids running, people with cotton candy, and the lights.. it was getting darker.

The lights shown better now. Tommy felt something he hardly ever felt.. peace.. genuine happiness.. tears fell from his eyes. He was happy.

Genuinely happy for the first time in so long.