Chapter 28

"Why so many cats..." 

Ji Tang's feet were suddenly surrounded by fluffy kittens, he was overwhelmed by cats and at a loss. His center of gravity was unstable for a while, and he was squeezed onto the snow by the kittens, and large snow flakes rose. 

The kittens were hugging Ji Tang, their fluffy bodies resembling glutinous rice dumplings rolled in icing sugar. 

These are the cats that died of abuse. 

The moment the cat abuser's house was burnt down, they also put something in their hearts. 

They rushed to Ji Tang from the dark, sticking to Ji Tang, just wanting to say to Ji Tang- 

Thank you. 

Ji Tang looked at the fluffy kittens, and his heart couldn't help but feel soft. He sat on the ground and touched them one by one: "It's so good." 

"Meow..." 

"Meow!"

The kitten's soft cry resounded through Ji Tang's ears. 

They stood in the snow, raised their furry heads, and looked at Ji Tang tenderly, as if Ji Tang was the cutest cat. 

The moon appeared quietly, casting a soft moonlight. 

Just when Ji Tang wanted to continue to try hugging them, their bodies became transparent and finally turned into a warm light. 

The light was brighter than moonlight, like a group of butterflies, disappearing into the snow one after another, leaving only the warm residual temperature. 

They disappeared. 

In the middle of the snow, only the Guo Guo of Ji Tang is left. 

"Meow~" Guo Guo ran towards him and threw itself in his arms. 

Ji Tang smiled lightly and put Guo Guo on his shoulders. 

He bowed his head and saw the place where the cats’ souls were just now— 

a large block of ice melted by their warmth. 

Under the ice, there are a few emerald green buds that are about to germinate.

They had never experienced warmth before death, but after death they became warm itself, able to melt the coldest winter. 

Ji Tang rubbed Guo Guo's head and wondered: "Did you not leave with them?" 

After the cat abuser died, the cats who died of abuse no longer complained and left the world. But Guo Guo stayed. 

"Meow?" Guo Guo tilted its head and meowed softly to Ji Tang. 

Ji Tang remembered something and laughed: "Yes, I almost forgot, I have to make you the happiest kitten." 

This is the promise between them. 

"Meow!" 

Guo Guo snapped Ji Tang's palm. It seemed to be a high-five promise. 

It doesn't know why it stays in this world. 

Perhaps it was for the promise that the youth gave to it. It may also be for the youth himself. 

It wants to protect the warmth in the palm of the youth.  

--- 

Ji Tang took the little cat home. When he got home, it was late at night, and there was a dazzling light on the horizon. 

Ji Tang rubbed his tired eyes and lay down on the bed with the kitten in his arms. 

The next day. He slept until the afternoon, but Guo Guo sat on his face and woke him up.