Chapter 61

Ji Tang looked at Fu Linshan behind the old man. He could only sneak past when the old man remembered the other, half squatted down, gently rubbed Fu Linshan's head, and said softly: "Don't be uncomfortable. I'll be with you. Didn’t your family came back? Everything is still there.” 

Fu Linshan crossed life and death, walked through the battlefield full of gunpowder, and came to this old mansion, and saw the only person in this world who was related to him by blood. 

Even as a soldier, his emotions are difficult to control. 

The other party was full of grayed hair, but he was still in full bloom. 

Feeling Ji Tang's touch, Fu Linshan immediately stood up, adjusted the corners of his clothes, and said in a dry voice: "It's okay." 

Ji Tang took out the gift he bought for the elderly and said, "Grandpa, I will bring you something." He took a gift box from the table and handed it to the old man. 

When he came to a nursing home for the first time, he didn't know what to buy, so he bought a small potted plant. 

The small potted plants are potted plants of longevity flowers. The tender green leaves in a pot are mixed with small red flowers. They look very cute and don't need much care, just some watering. 

Small potted plants can be placed on the table top, adding a lot of color to this monotonously furnished room for a while. 

"Thank you..." The old man looked at the little gift and laughed in a low voice: "I haven't receive a flower before, in the army, no one has given me anything." 

He suddenly waved to Ji Tang. Mysteriously called Ji Tang over: "I'll show you something, you go to the closet and take that big gray box out." 

Ji Tang did the same, opened the closet, and there really was a big gray box inside. The box looks very old, but it is very clean and there is no dust at all. 

He brought the box to the old man. 

"Open it." 

Ji Tang opened, and a stale smell of decayed wood came upon his face. He first saw many small gray pieces resembling plastic inside, as well as small wooden sticks. 

The old man explained: "This is a tool for shadow puppetry."

"Shadow play?" Ji Tang frowned, he seemed to have never heard of it. 

"Sure enough, your generation doesn't know." The old man smiled and continued: "This is something that often appeared in our time. My brother can play, and he can play very easily. I heard that he often perform shadow puppets for the troops in his free time." 

Ji Tang can't help but smile as a tall man playing with these gadgets emerges in his mind. 

Old man: "At that time, it was a great thing to know a skill. My brother used to say that when he came back from the war and make a family, he would perform shadow puppet shows for his family every day. He also prepared a shadow puppet show for this. But we haven't seen it. He said it was for his family." 

"Unfortunately, he didn't come back, let alone have a home." 

"If he can come back, these shadow puppets don't need to be here. It's dusty. They can't wait for their master anymore." 

Ji Tang looked at these little shadow puppets carefully. 

Many small shadow puppets have faded, and some have been bitten by insects with many pitted holes. But judging from the shape of these shadow puppets, the workmanship is very sophisticated, and he can still see what shape they were. Presumably their owners at the time must have placed countless hopes on them.