Chapter 64

Sunlight casts a golden light on this tall monument. This light seems to be able to wash away all the blood, making it the holiest existence in the area. 

Ji Tang took Fu Linshan to the monument. 

It was also the first time that Ji Tang saw the Monument of the People's Heroes, he was a bit shocked. He turned his head, smiled and explained to Fu Linshan: "This is the Monument of the People's Heroes, a monument built by China for all the heroes who died in the revolution. It is the grave of each of them." 

He could not imagine what Fu Linshan experienced. Those things, there is no way to comfort the other party with pale words. He can only hope that this monument will make Fu Linshan no longer suffer so much. 

Fu Linshan didn't speak, and the black qi in his body dissipated a lot. He raised his head and looked up at this tall tombstone. 

He smelled the fragrance of flowers. 

There are many kinds of flowers around the tombstone, which are intertwined to form a magnificent ocean. 

Fu Linshan saw so many flowers for the first time. 

The shells that had fallen on them all turned into flowers after many years, blooming on their bodies. 

He saw a five or six-year-old girl in a white dress walking past his eyes. The girl was holding a bunch of white flowers and placed it carefully in a small flower basket next to the monument. As more and more flowers were offered, the blackness pervading his whole body became less and less. 

Fu Linshan turned around again and saw a group of primary school students not far from the monument. They were led by the school to visit, wearing red scarves and blue school uniforms. The female teacher leading the team is teaching them to sing. 

"The five-star red flag flutters in the wind, how loud the victory song is." 

"Sing to our dear motherland, from now on to prosperity..." 

The singing was a bit immature, but they sang very seriously, and the loud voice almost resounded throughout the martyrs' cemetery. 

Fu Linshan watched them quietly, and the black shadow cast by the monument covered him. Afterwards, he glanced lightly at Ji Tang in the sun.

He is in the shadows and in sharp contrast with Ji Tang shining in the sun. 

He comes from a chaotic and uneasy era, and Ji Tang outside of the shadows lives in an era of peace that he can't imagine. 

But after a long time, Fu Linshan saw the bright future they desperately guarded. 

Fu Linshan's black qi became less and less, and finally the golden sunlight could pass through the thin black qi and illuminate him. 

A man in military uniform stood in the sunlight in front of the monument, looking unusually handsome, and his tall figure was not shorter than this monument. 

Ji Tang walked to him, took his hand, and said, "Doctor Fu, there are flowers nearby. Let's buy some flowers to present them." 

There is a special place for selling flowers in the Martyrs Cemetery. Small flowers of various colors. The ribbon is tied and exudes a sweet floral fragrance. 

Ji Tang bought two bundles, and he quietly passed one of them to Fu Linshan. 

Most of the people in the cemetery are busy with themselves, and no one will notice a ghost holding a bunch of flowers. 

Fu Linshan's cocooned fingers gently stroked the delicate petals. 

The last time he saw a flower was during his lifetime. He encountered a flower that grew out of the ruins but was stained with blood.