Chapter 35: Wither Storm 2

Azura's POV

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to enjoy this.

I was told to scout around to find any "threats".

Those threats being our friends turned enemies.

Not that I see them that way.

Ever since I got the news about Dexter and Daryll, I've felt guilty about them.

I was pretty sure that some of our friends planned to fight the Overseer's minions.

But I didn't want to fight them all, especially if some of them are our friends.

They're being too paranoid, they're not thinking straight. They're not thinking logically. I thought.

For a moment, I didn't notice the huge shadow that was following me.

That was until, ten wither skulls shot right over my head.

I turned around and gasped. 

How many Wither Storms did they have?!

I drew out my beacon guns and began to fire away, trying to kill the Wither Storm while dodging it's attacks.

I kept firing and firing until...

I looked down to see that my beacon guns needed to cool down.

Uh oh...

I put my beacon guns away and tried to strategize what I should do.

I can't just fly up and attack it.

So what's my best option...

While I pondered over this, I noticed that something was flying around.

What was that? I thought, just as a wither skull crashed into my wingsuit, damaging it.

I yelled in shock as I plummeted towards the ground.

As I kept falling, I saw that the Wither Storm had vanished, much to my confusion.

Then I felt something grab me.

I looked up to see Kat, wearing some high tech wings, trying to lift me up.

I could tell that the young girl was struggling.

"KAT!" I yelled. "PUT ME DOWN!"

"YOU WANT ME TO DROP YOU?!" She asked in confusion.

Beat.

"WHAT?! NO! I WANT YOU TO LAND!" I replied.

Kat nodded and lowered me down.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem," she said. "Are you alright?"

I nodded. "Yeah, unfortunately, my wingsuit is busted."

Kat took her's off. "You can use mine to get back, zura." She told me.

"But I can't..." I tried to say.

Kat shook her head. "I'm not good with it anyways," she said. "So, I'm sure it'll be more useful for you. Besides, I can always use the elytra and firework rockets."

Kat handed me her wingsuit.

"Thanks," I said with gratitude.

Kat opened her mouth to say something, but her watch beeped.

"KAT!" I heard Bryce yell. "X IS ON THE MOVE!"

"Where, zura?" Kat asked.

"THE END!" Bryce yelled in frustration. "THE FUCKING END! AND I THINK I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HE'S LOOKING FOR!"

Kat went pale. "I'm coming, zura!" She replied, before turning to me. "Stay safe, zura."

I laughed. "I'm thirteen years older than you," I said. "But I will."

Kat smiled as she equipped the elytra and used the rockets to fly away.

Who is X and why are they tracking them? I wondered, and a sinking feeling went through me.

X? Wait... Xephryes?! Why would Bryce and Kat be... No! This is a bad idea! They're still very young! They'll get killed!

I began to fly back as fast as I could, ditching the wingsuit that's gotten me through so much, but I couldn't care about that.

I had to warn the others.