Chapter 151: A Year of Birthdays

Moonlark's POV

Previously on Embers of Eternity!

You didn't miss much. 

Wait a minute, its been how long since the last update?!

Oh come on! 

Ugh, anyways, here's a new chapter!

Rain's POV

"Is it just me, or has Riko been really excited lately?" I asked my girlfriend.

"Well," Stella said, chuckling. "She did have her birthday on the sixth of this month."

"The sixth?!" I asked. "Its the nineteenth. She can't still be celebrating her birthday."

"She just learned about it yesterday," Stella explained lightly. "Give the girl a break. Its the first time she actually knew it was her birthday."

"Excuse me," I said. "And how old is she again?"

"Two,"

"EXCUSE ME WHAT?!"

"Yeah," Stella said. 

"She's younger than Pazura child?!"

Meanwhile...

"DID SOMEONE SAY PAZURA?" A familiar bandit shouted.

"Daryll, shut up."

Back to the main POVS

"Uh yeah," Stella said. "How did you not know that? I mean, even Alex knew that she was born in 2021."

Ouch that kind of stung.

"But what, how? She looks like she's eighteen."

"That's because her father made her that way," my girlfriend explained to me in the same way a mother explained why you should never touch fire. "She has a mixed maturity of a toddler and a teenager."

"My brain hurts."

"I know," Stella said. "Hey, did you know that Meeps will be eighteen in a couple of months."

Okay, now my girlfriend was just pulling my strings, trying to aggravate me even more. 

She was trying to pull a prank on me, and I wasn't going to fall for it.

"Nice try, Stell," I said, smirking. "But Meeps is sixteen."

"No she isn't," Stella said. "Meeps is now seventeen. Soon, she won't be a kid but a full grown adult."

"There's no way," I said. "Stop lying to me."

Stella gave me a sad look as she shook her head. 

"I'm not lying to you, Rain," my girlfriend told me softly. "All our friends are now a year older than when we last saw them."

Since we last saw them.

A sinking feeling went through my entire body.

"Stella?" I asked, quietly. "How long has it been since the others disappeared?"

"Its been a year since last month," was her answer.

"A YEAR?!" 

Stella gave me an incredulous look.

"Are you stupid, Rain?" Stella asked me. "I thought you were one of the smarter ones of our group."

Its been a year since we've seen our friends? Really? Stella must be lying...

But I looked into Stella's eyes and knew she wasn't.

Oh god, that means we've missed their birthdays. That means that all of them are now a year, maybe even two years, older than when we last saw them. 

They're older now. 

Have they changed?

No, they couldn't have changed. 

They're still the same people that I remembered them as.

Just a group of idiots.

Welp, motivation train has arrived.

Sorry for short chapter, but its better than nothing.

The next one is the one I can't wait to write.