Chapter 141: Platonic and Romantic

Hannah's POV

I'm worried about Damian.

How many months has it been? 

Everyone's disappearances has been effecting this world.

King Ryan postponed his wedding until his sisters came back.

But not everyone minded.

Rain really didn't, in fact he seemed a lot more happier.

"Do you think brother is okay?" Karin had asked me.

I had patted the seventeen year old girl on the head. "I'm sure he's fine," I said, although I wasn't sure.

I planted a tree sapling down and used my magic to let it grow.

(Moonlark: *begins to sing "Let It Grow" from the Lorax.)

I should train Shizuku once she comes back.

It scares me how normal the Terrayite Kingdom is without Ember and his friends.

I hated this normal.

Rain had offered for me to talk to him and Stella, but I politely declined.

I had zero interest in them.

"I had a sneaking suspicion I'd find you here." 

I turned around to see a slightly shorter girl staring at me, her right eye dripping blood like always.

Oh trees... not her...

"Hello Riko," I said politely.

"Can we talk?" She asked me, and I nodded.

Timeskip

"So," I said, breaking the awkward half an hour of silence. "Why did you bring me here?"

"I just want to check in and make sure you're okay," Riko replied. "You know, with Damian being gone."

"I've been better," I answered, before sighing. "Sorry for taking him away from you."

Riko looked surprised. "What?!" She exclaimed. "Who said we were dating?! We're in a platonic relationship, not a romantic one!"

"Really?" I asked, feeling relieved. "Oh gosh, I had the wrong idea..."

The younger girl laughed, before wincing.

"Are you alright?" I asked, noticing that her head was bleeding.

Riko nodded. "Someone threw a glass bottle at me," she replied. "For being his daughter."

I felt an immense amount of pity for the younger girl. "Riko..."

"The Overseer's daughter... that's a role I've never been able to escape from," Riko sighed. "It's like a branding that says "this girl is evil, never trust her." It hurts so much when you do everything you can to help someone and all they do is stare at you as if you're going to stab them in the back." She laughed bitterly for a moment before continuing. "I... I just want to be accepted and loved without someone asking me if they can trust me. It's a curse that I'll never be able to escape."

I stared at her sadly.

"Damian saved me," Riko replied. "I could've followed the path where I did my father's deeds, but because of him... I finally could be myself..."

"But you don't feel that way still," I said and she nodded.

"What Rain said to me that day," Riko said. "Was so hurtful I couldn't stay any longer. Which is why I joined the Young Dreamers Nation, and why I was on Ember's side on the Civil War."

I nodded, remembering how we were both on the same side.

"The Tranquility Tree," I whispered, remembering the tree that Rain had burned down.

"The Tranquility Tree," she echoed.

"We should replant it," I said. "I... saved one of it's seeds."

"Yeah," Riko replied, giving a small smile. "We should."