Chapter 53: Our Loyalty is with You, My Friend

Ember's POV

No way, I thought. No flipping way.

Yes, those swords you've wielded had a tragic past. 

Yeah no shit! But wait! It said that a hero will have wielded both of the swords in his lifetime, is this about me?

No, it's about those free burritos that... OF COURSE IT'S ABOUT YOU, YA DIPWAD!

Oh, I see... Let me guess, I'm in grave danger.

I'd say no, but you are in danger.

You are still the worst author I know.

But you do know me. :)

SHUT UP!!! I exclaimed. You recently hit 100 followers AFTER TWO YEARS.

I heard Moonlark laugh.

So this past Moonlark... I thought.

Setsuna, we use her real name to make life easier.

Fair enough. 

Oh, yeah, you have visitors.

I felt Moonlark end our telepathic connection as I walked over to see who it was. 

"Hey, how's Riko?" I asked Hannah, who was our healer. 

"Still not awake," Hannah replied, her eyes still red from crying after learning about Kat's death.

Even then, she hasn't slacked off.

When I arrived at the gates, I saw Jun and Nina walk up to me.

"Guys?" I said, thrilled to see my friends from an alternate world here. "What are you doing here?"

"Ember?" Jun said. "The Frostbourne is great. They have a good military and excellent leaders. We both know that a war against the Young Dreamers... it's futile for your nation to win." 

He then paused, before meeting my eye. "However, you were our first friend in this world," he said. "You've helped us, risking your own life to protect us."

I felt very embarrassed by this praise.

"Unlike most, you know when to admit your mistakes," Nina added. "That's what makes you a better leader."

"I-I'm confused," I said. "What are you saying?"

"We're saying that our loyalty belongs to you, my friend," Jun replied. "So let's bring on the Revolution."

Jun and Nina have both jumped ship and joined Ember's side.

Did you guess who it was?

Also, official opening (ignore the youtube intro) for Embers of Eternity. 

This is one of the English covers. I actually liked this one a lot, and the singer... guess what the relationship between her and Rainimator's Fractures Series is.

And don't say "they're married" because you're just fucking wrong.