Chapter 40: A Relic For A Soul

Bryce's POV

When I had realized that X was heading to the End, I knew that it was time to stop him.

So after getting Kat and Anna, we went through the portal, using Ender Pearls to get there before they could escape.

We were just in time, because Xephryes already had the Ender Relic in his possession.

I knew that there was a chance that Amman would be there, but it didn't make seeing him any easier.

However, I had to ask him where Pika was after Kat informed me that Ben. T was dead and that Amman was the reason why his best friend was dead.

I should've expected it, but I was just as horrified to hear that Amman had killed Pika.

Two of his closest friends, I thought. Will he care if he kills me?

The four of us had always been best friends...

Anna's scream snapped me out of it.

"Anna! Kat!" I yelled. "Take care of the others... but don't kill them! I'll deal with Amman!"

Kat drew out her diamond sword and Anna pulled out a crossbow and loaded it.

Daryll made a gesture and X stepped backwards, shielding the Relic.

I had a slight advantage, because I had been practicing new maneuvers and techniques with my trident.

And I knew what Amman was comfortable with. 

Amman drew two Netherrite Axes and charged, knocking me down.

I got back up and threw the trident, striking him.

The Trident flew back to my hand and I quickly dodged as Amman tried to attack me.

"You're a great fighter, Amman," I said. "But you know what the problem is? I already know how you fight!"

I threw the trident again, and Amman leapt over it.

I held my hand out and waited as Amman charged at me.

I saw a flash of greenish-blue, before the Trident stabbed Amman in the back, knocking him down.

I checked on Amman, he was alive, but he was done for.

I could kill him... but evil or not... he's my friend.

I pulled out a sword and took his weapons. I tied him up and forced him off.

When the others saw what happened, they backed away.

"Go!" Synchroun shouted at Xephryes.

I gasped as I watched X run off with the Relic, knowing I was too far to get him in time.

Kat took out an elytra and equipped it.

Before X could reach their portal, he looked up to see Kat fly above him, before swooping down, and knocking him down.

X dropped the Relic, and it fell down towards the void.

Kat threw X away from her, then dove down, until she was out of sight.

I ran over with Anna, while dragging Amman to watch.

Then Kat swooped up, holding the Relic.

I looked at X to see that he was holding an iron sword.

I took a step towards him, and his green eyes met mine, blazing with fury.

"If I can't have that Relic," he said. "Then nobody will!"

Then he flung the iron sword.

I watched in horror as the iron sword stuck itself into Kat's elytra.

Kat tilted over and began to fall, the elytra no longer working.

Anna screamed and for once, Kat didn't cover her ears.

Kat threw the Relic, causing me to catch it.

Anna's face was wet with tears as I held her back.

The elytra helped slow down Kat a little bit, but she was too far for us to reach her... and for her to land.

Kat met our solemn eyes, her expression full of surprise, then realization.

Then before Kat disappeared, I saw her close her sadly close her eyes.

Kat's POV

I can't feel.. anything. How wonderful, how comforting. No pain, no discomfort, no anything. Just sweet nothingness. Soon it'll all be over. Soon I'll feel nothing forever.