Chapter 148: You're Adopted

Stella's POV

"You're adopted,"

Those two words echoed through my head like a broken record.

"W-what?!" I finally sputtered out.

"It shocked me as well," Kaylee said, giving me the most sympathetic smile ever.

I didn't care, however.

I felt hurt and betrayed.

Of all people, Ceris was the last person I thought would hide such a huge secret from me.

"You're the heir to the Ender Watchers, Stella," I remember her saying. "The future Queen of the End."

And I was terrified when I heard that.

Because just like Razer, I didn't want to be in charge, but both of us didn't have a choice either.

"I usually just like to hang in the back and make jokes." Razer had told me once when I asked him how he liked ruling the Undead.

I never wanted to be Queen.

But that... was nothing compared to the betrayal I felt.

She lied to me.

Fuck you, Ceris.

"I want to talk to her," I said.

Kaylee sighed. "I knew you would," she said. "Well, I wish you luck."

I thanked her and used my magic to travel to the End.

When I arrived, several Endermen teleported right in front of me and began to bombard me with questions.

"You're back!"

"Are you here to stay?"

"How's the Dragon Tamer?"

"How's the Overworld?"

"Have you gotten engaged yet?"

"The Queen has returned!"

"Long live the King!"

"It's the Queen, you dumbass!"

"Wait, who is this girl again?"

I blinked twice, I was starting to get a headache from all these Endermen and their questions.

Luckily for me, someone noticed and came to my rescue.

"Everyone," came a high pitched voice. "Give my best royal friend some room! She won't be able to answer any of your questions if you crowd her like that!"

When they heard that, all of them teleported away to reveal a blond girl with purple eyes. 

"Kirtanta!" I said, hugging the younger girl. "It's so nice to see you again! How have you been?"

"Amazing!" Kirtanta replied. "I'm still debating on what job I want!"

"But you turned 18 this month!" I said. "Shouldn't you have figured it out before then?"

Kirtanta blushed, before quickly changing the conversation to try and save face.

"Anyways..." she said, clearly embarrassed. "Why are you here?"

Part of me didn't want to tell her, but another part of me told me I had to.

"I'll tell you later," I told her. "I just need to find Ceris... can you tell me where she is?"

Kirtanta beamed with joy, as she pointed North.

"Thanks," I said, running off.

Needless to say, Ceris was a bit surprised to see me.