Chapter 154: A Deadly Flirtation

TW: Graphic horror, mention of possible ass*ult

Ciara's POV

"KAYLEE!" Rain screamed at the top of his lungs.

The attacker was a Drowned wearing netherite armor. He looked rather smug for a dead son of a bitch.

The Drowned look down at the nurse. "Whoops, I meant to kill you, not the chick," he said, nodding towards Rain.

Wait, what was that supposed to mean?

Rain was trying to wake Kaylee up. "Come on!" He said. "Get up!"

I looked up at the Drowned who had pulled out his trident again.

"Well," he said. "Might as well do the job right this time."

He struck, but I quickly deflected with my karambits.

"God damnit," the Drowned said. "Why can't you people make my job easier?"

I kicked him away, before teleporting and swinging my karambits, which he easily parried.

"Because that's lame," I answered as I charged right at the Drowned again, ready to slaughter the son of a bitch.

The Drowned pulled out a shield to block my attack.

I had to admit, the Drowned wasn't the best fighter, and his armor obviously slowed him down. But there wasn't a lot of places where I could strike.

I swung a karambit again, and the Drowned grabbed it and knocked it far away.

No problem, I was still armed.

And this is a zombie, and we all know that every Undead is stupid.

I swung my remaining karambit, but the Drowned ducked, then kicked my remaining karambit away and knocked me to the ground.

Before I could get up, the Drowned tackled me, kneeling on my chest to prevent me from getting up again.

Fuck.

Come on, Rain! Help me out!

I looked over to see Rain just standing over Kaylee in shock.

Well, great! Looks like the heroic Rain isn't going to be much help after all.

The Drowned grinned, looking very smug. "My name is Nautilus," he said. "I like to tell that to everyone I'm about to kill."

"Yeah, I don't care," I snapped back, trying to push him away, but failing.

The Drowned continued talking as if he didn't hear what I had just said. Which, he probably didn't, that little bitch.

"So, would you like to get some coffee with me in the Underworld or would you prefer something more relaxing like tea?" He asked.

"WHAT KIND OF FUCKING QUESTION IS THAT, YOU BITCH?!" I screamed.

"Tea, it is!" Nautilus said gleefully.

"No, seriously," I said. "What the actual fuck is wrong with you? Do you also flirt with everyone you're about to kill?"

The Drowned gave me a charming smile. "Only the cute ones."

Kill me now.

"I hope you get rejected for the rest of your life," I told him.

Nautilus frowned as he stared at his trident. "I was going to keep you alive for a little longer, but now... I think I'd rather have you dead."

He lifted up his trident, and the initial reaction wasn't fear, I didn't beg for mercy. No, none of that bullshit.

Instead, my first thought was oh thank god he stopped flirting with me.

And then, he combusted right in front of me.

I'm not kidding, body parts, including his insides, exploded and went all over the place, including me. 

"What the..."

I turned around to see who had done that.

It was Riko, breathing heavily.

Woah, that was actually pretty impressive.

Then suddenly, I remembered Kaylee.

I ran over and checked on her.

The good news, she was still alive.

Bad news? None of us knew shit about medical stuff.

Well great, she was supposed to get married but now she's going to die.

Riko whirled around. "HANNAH!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Well, I wasn't sure how much that was going to help. I mean, it wasn't like Hannah was nearby or anything.

"What's going on?"

Okay, I stand corrected.

The weird thing was that at first, Hannah didn't notice Kaylee. Instead, she stared right at Rain, looking furious.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO THIS TIME, RAIN?!" Hannah screamed. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO RIKO?!"

The dragon tamer's face was full of genuine fear, as he tried to speak but couldn't.

Then I turned to Riko, and for the first time, I noticed that her both of her eyes were red and puffy, she was trembling, staring at Rain.

Then I noticed the red finger prints around her neck.

Oh no... he didn't... he wouldn't...

He would...

This was bad, but right now, we had something else to focus on.

"Hannah," I said calmly. "We need your help, Kaylee... she..."

All the fury that was in Hannah's eyes dissipated right there as she kneeled down to study Kaylee's wound.

"Both of you," she said. "Please leave. Kaylee is going to be alright, Riko? You stay here."

I sighed with relief, then turned around and dragged Rain away from the three girls.

As we continued walking, I turned to Rain.

"What was that?" I asked, despite already knowing the answer. "Why was Hannah so angry at you?"

Rain shrugged. "Its nothing, she just overreacted, thats all."

He began walking away, faster.

As if he was trying to get away from me.

But I already knew the truth, I had figured it out.

And Rain, he was trying to run away from the truth.

Oh wow, Moonlark updating?! In the same month?! IMPOSSIBLE!