Chapter 153: Dragons and Demons

(OH WOW, AN UPDATE! TO THE SURPRISE OF EVERYBODY!)

Stella's POV

It felt a little strange hanging out with Hannah.

I had nothing against the older girl, at all. It was just that... we haven't hung out a lot together. Or at least, not with just the two of us.

When I had first met Hannah, I thought she was weird or at the very least, concerning. Why? Simple, she was dating the one person who almost destroyed my entire life.

I hate to hold grudges but even now, I haven't forgiven Damian completely.

But it turns out that Hannah is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met.

"Stella?" The older girl asked. "You okay? You seem like you're drifting off again."

I blinked. "Huh?"

"You're giving me a look like I killed your mother," Hannah told me.

"If you killed Nebula, I would've made you queen."

"I'm already a deity."

"But Nebula isn't my mom," I said. "And I'm not related to Ceris, she lied to me."

Hannah gave me a sad look. "Oh Stella..." she said. "Is that... is that all?"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked. 

Hannah smiled. "Nature tells me something else is bothering you."

I groaned. "Fuck your relationship with nature."

The shorter woman gave me a look and I sighed.

"Its your relationship with Damian," I said. "I don't like it one bit."

Hannah gave me a look of surprise. "But why?" She asked.

"Are you kidding me?!" I asked. "You're dating Damian of all people! Don't you know what he's done?!"

Hannah blinked. "Yes," she said. "I am aware. I'm not stupid, Stella."

"So you must know that it's a bad idea," I told her.

Hannah stared at me, her eyes wide with surprise.

For a moment, neither of us said a word, but then Hannah finally found her voice.

"You think me dating Damian is bad? Take a look at yourself, Stella! You're dating a man who's been a jackass to everyone, including you."

"That's not true! Rain... Rain, he's a good guy, a hero!"

"Yeah, he's a hero, but he's not a nice person, Stella. At least Damian genuinely feels remorse for what he did! And he is trying to improve, but it's because of people like you and Rain, that he has such a hard time!"

"I..."

"Do you think Rain even cares for you?" Hannah asked me. "Have you ever thought that he only cares about himself?!"

Now I was angry.

"OF COURSE HE CARES FOR ME!" I shouted. "AT LEAST RAIN WON'T SWITCH ALLIANCES WITH A SNAP OF THR FINGERS!"

Hannah gave me a cold look. "Do you know why Damian went to the dark side?"

"Um... cookies?"

Hannah didn't laugh, she just rolled her eyes. "He did it to save Karin, his little sister! He would do anything to protect those he cares for, even if it means going against his own morals," Hannah explained. "And besides, what about Tsuki? She was in the same boat as Damian, but you don't seem to have any ill will against her."

Was she comparing Tsuki to Damian?!

"At least Tsuki-"

"You don't know what she did though." 

What? What was Hannah talking about?

Hannah wasn't even done. 

"And what about Razer?" She demanded. "Or Alex? They've done some pretty bad things as well. Or is it just because it was Damian who hurt you that he is the one who shouldn't be forgiven?"

I sighed. "Hannah," I said. "Rain is a good person, he wouldn't ever..."

"You don't know what he said to Riko, do you?"

What? 

Hannah said that with so much anger and pity that I was afraid of what she was going to tell me. And yet, I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"What did he tell her?" I asked.

Hannah opened her mouth to reply, but then closed it, as she stared off.

"WHAT DID HE SAY TO RIKO?!"

Hannah laughed. "Why should I tell you?" She asked. "You'll just go and defend him like you always do, no matter how terrible it is."

"That's because Rain would..."

"Riko is just a kid," Hannah said. "No matter who her father is... she didn't deserve what Rain said or did to her."

Then as the nature deity left, I finally noticed the grass.

Thorny vines were growing all over the place, dripping with blood.

Our blood.

What happened between Rain and Riko?