Chapter 145: Seeds of Evil

"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few really know what you really are." —Niccolo Machiavelli, Chapter XVIII

" —Niccolo Machiavelli,  Chapter XVIII

Misaki's POV

The title of this chapter was chosen for a reason.

When you kill one villain... another one rises.

But then why... why must it be so complicated?

Evil sprouts from a seed... of which must be sown into the earth.

Damian was evil for a while... a long while in fact. And most assume he started out that way

But in the end, all he wanted was to protect his sister. 

He's done some evil things but who are we to judge?

We are sinners and we are evil.

"Don't you have any friends, Misaki? I mean... real friends, not those imaginary friends from your daydreams."

... 

Sometimes I ask myself would've I have stepped through that portal if I knew where I would end up.

Yes, yes I would.

When I had fallen into this world, the first thing I did was go look for something to help me.

While I was searching, I came across an abandoned village. It was clear that this village had been empty for the last couple of years. Tons of bodies... now just a bunch of bones, spiders and cobwebs.

 It was clear that not a single soul lived here anymore.

But maybe they left something in here.

So I walked in, thanking the Lord that I wasn't afraid of spiders unlike some people I know.

Finally, I came across a chest that had an Ender pearl and an iron sword.

It wasn't much... not compared to those crazy weapons you see, but in the end it was something.

Cut to a few weeks later...

I had started to venture out of the Terrayite Kingdom when somebody jumped down right in front of me.

"You shouldn't be here," the cloaked purple man said. His dirty blond hair was messy but brought out his piercing light blue eyes. He had a scarf wrapped over his mouth which muffled some of his words but thankfully I had these stupid sensitive ears so understanding him wasn't a problem.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Nolan," he replied. "I'm a bounty hunter who works for the Overseer."

Silence.

"So... you're here to kill me I assume?" I asked.

"Yes," Nolan said, proving my suspicions. "The Overseer hired me to kill you the moment he found out that you were in this world. He said you were... too powerful and could potentially ruin everything."