Chapter 133: The Coven

(Ages in this chapter: Stella: 8 - 14, Victor Summery: 9 - 15, Lief Moonfall: 8 - 14)

Stella's POV

When I was eight years old, the End Matriarch walked into my life and took me to the Coven.

For the longest time ever, which was only eight years, I had been living with Nebula, who was my mother.

I don't remember who my dad was, he had walked out of my life just after I was born.

Some suspected foul play, but I didn't believe them because mother never played anything fun.

"STELLA!" My mother shouted. "FOR THE LAST TIME! YOU NEED TO SUMMON A COMPLETELY FUNCTIONAL PORTAL!"

I shook my head, completely confused. How can I? I'm only eight!

For the most parts, I had gotten the majority of the portal down, I just wasn't able to summon an active portal.

Why does mother want an active portal?

Whenever I asked my mother this, I got a beating and wasn't fed for at least three days.

So I wised up and stopped asking.

But on this day, I was already stressed out, so I punched her with my small fists out of anger.

Mother didn't take this well and grabbed me my the arm and walked up to the balcony, and held me over the edge, ready to drop me.

"Mother!" I shouted. "I'm sorry! I don't want to die!"

"Then think before you act!" She hissed and I could tell that she was about to let go.

However, before mother could let me plummet to my death, somebody cleared her throat.

My mother turned around to see a purple and pink haired woman, who didn't look like she was that much older than mom, stare at her intensely. 

But what really made me stare was her eyes.

These were not any normal eyes, these had purple scleras and white irises.

"Nebula," she said.

"Ceris," mother grumbled.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Teaching my foolish daughter a lesson," mother replied.

"I am not foolish!" I said, indignantly. 

"And why are you dangling her off the edge of the balcony?" Ceris asked.

"Because she punched me," my mother replied. "I'm disciplining her."

Ceris rolled her eyes. "Yeah, that's how we discipline children, by dangling them off the edge of the balcony."

Mother gave Ceris the death stare, who had no reaction at all besides bitch, just try me. Before reluctantly pulling me back up and onto solid ground.

Solid ground! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Joy to the world!

"Ceris," mother said. "Why are you here? I told you that I no longer needed your lame guidance."

Ceris didn't reply for a moment, giving my mother a disappointed look. "I'm not here for you," she finally said. "I'm here for the girl."

I looked up in surprise, totally not expecting this event to happen.

"I'm sorry," mother said, not sounding sorry at all. "But she's not for sale. I need her to-"

"To create your portal?" Ceris finished. "I know, however at this rate she'll never be able to do it."