Chapter 73: Confrontation in The Castle

Stella's POV

We finally arrived at a castle, or where Lance was hiding.

"Be careful," I warned. "We don't know what we may encounter in there."

"Lance," Abigail replied.

"Besides him," I replied.

Abigail gave me a scornful look. "You know if we didn't have to take the long way here, we would've been here two days ago."

"Sorry," I apologized. "But I'm not a fan of very deep water."

"Whatever," Abigail grumbled. "Let's just blow this joint."

Abigail than walked up to the door and shouted.

"HEY BITCH! OPEN UP!"

We waited but nothing happened.

"Maybe nobody's home?" I suggested.

"Hold on," Abigail said.

"FBI OPEN UP!!" She shouted.

I gave her a look. "Yeah, like that's going to work," 

Then the doors opened.

"Wow, I can't believe it," I mumbled as we walked in the castle.

Right when we got in, Abigail, being who she is, wasted no time.

"Okay Lance, we've got you now!" She shouted. "So come out right now or I will —oof!"

An arcane great sword like the one Rain wielded smashed her in the head, causing Abigail to fall down like a sack of potatoes.

"Abigail!" I screamed, whipping out my arcane blade, ready to stab someone.

"Oh calm down, you blithering worm," somebody said. "She's not dead."

I turned around and took a deep breath.

"Lance," I said. "Calmly surrender now or face the consequences. And to be frank, I wouldn't want to face the consequences if I were you."

I rolled my eyes. "Then again, you are kinda not right in the head, so maybe I will have to inflict some pain."

Lance snorted, clearly amused. "Oh really?" He said. "You? Hurt me?"

I gave him a cold look. "Would you like to test that theory out?" I asked, spinning my blade.

Lance said nothing for a moment before spitting out. "You're even worse than your father!"

That made me stop my whole Queen act, which honestly, I still suck at.

"Wait," I said, lowering my guard. "You're not my dad?"

"No," he simply said. 

"Thank God for that," I mumbled. "Who was he? Is he still alive?"

"Well, first of all, he's your father," Lance explained.

"No shit, Sherlock," I snarked.

"And no, he died," Lance finished, ignoring me. "Got murdered trying to file a divorce from your mother."

"Wow," I said wryly. "Good to know that a had one parent who wasn't a power seeking maniac."

"Dad?" Came a familiar voice that I couldn't quite pin down. "Do we have guests over? Do I need to make some tea or something?"

I turned around and gasped.

He was much skinnier, and there was a look of hunger in his eyes as if he hadn't eaten in days.

"Devon?"