Chapter 93: "Bloody Hell" -Alanixx 2021

TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LEVEL OF INSANITY DO THESE THINGS:

1.) At lunch time, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

2.) Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

3.) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

4.) Put your garbage can on your desk and label it 'In'.

5.) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.

6.) In the memo field of all your checks, write 'For Smuggling Diamonds'.

7.) Finish all your sentences with 'In Accordance with the Prophecy'.

8.) Don't use any punctuation.

9.) As often as possible, skip rather than walk.

10.) Order a diet water whenever you go out to eat. Make sure to keep a serious face.

11.) Specify that your drive through order is 'to-go'.

12.) Sing along at the Opera.

13.) Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.

14.) Put mosquito netting around your work area and play tropical sounds all day.

15.) Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their party because you're not in the mood.

16.) When the money comes out of the ATM, scream 'I won! I won!'

17.) When leaving the zoo, start running towards the parking lot, yelling "Run for your lives! They're loose!"

Sheila's POV

"There's nothing here!" Alex whined.

I slapped him. "Oh stop complaining," I told him. "Of course there's nothing there."

Alex huffed. "What's the point then?" He asked. "If we're not going to be fighting... why are we here?"

"Because my brother wanted us to make sure that there's no signs of a camp being built," I replied, annoyed. "Because if there was... that would be bad."

I went on, rambling on how he shouldn't doubt the king, even though he was my boyfriend and possible future annoying stupid idiotic husband, in fact, it took me twenty minutes to realize that Alex wasn't paying attention to me at all.

"What?" I asked, looking at him.

"You said camp... right?" He asked, before continuing. "Well, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I see some smoke over there, which probably means some troops are settling over there."

I looked over and sure enough, I saw the dim outline of smoke floating into the sky.

We quickly, but carefully crept over there, trying not to make a sound. 

When we had gotten close enough, the fire went out. Whoever was there had noticed our presence.

But we no longer needed the fire to guide us, signaling to Alex, I dropped down and pulled out my katanas, ready to take down whoever these people were.

My blades connected against something, and I jumped back, positioning myself to attack.

It's still dark! I can't see who this attacker is! There could be more of them!