Chapter 75: Return of The Fire

Alex's POV

If there was one thing I was not expecting to see, it was Rain, looking exhausted, but alive.

"Hey Rain!" I said, running up to him. "You just disappeared out of thin air!"

Rain rolled his eyes. "That's what you find the most shocking?"

I laughed sheepishly. He has a point, so many weird things happen that disappearing shouldn't surprise me anymore.

"Anyways, I found a friend," he added, beckoning at a tree with his hand.

A tree?!

Ember stepped out of behind the tree and slowly walked over.

"EMBER!" I shouted, running towards him.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to Rain. "Dude! You're alive!" I said. "You disappeared and everybody got so worried!"

The younger boy looked shocked. "I didn't think that any of you would care," he admitted. "Not after what I did to you all."

My voice must've been very loud or something, because almost everybody was walking over to us.

"The fire has returned!" Andrew proclaimed, pumping a fist in the air.

Moon ran over to Ember and hugged him.

 "I missed you so much," she whispered.

That was when Ember broke down, sobbing.

I looked over to see Sheila smiling at Ember.

We stayed quiet until Ember recollected himself.

"I'm so sorry," he told us softly.

Rain smiled. "It's in the past now," he said. "And we're going to win this war... together."

"How exactly?" Moon asked. "We lost a lot of people."

"I have a few friends," Ember said slowly. "If you'd accept their help, that is."

Sheila nodded. "Tell Damian and the others to come back," she commanded him. "Tell them, we have a battle to prepare for."